“My favourite Turkish”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite Turkish”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is my favourite restaurant in Queanbeyan!
I go almost weekly for the $10.00 lunch boxes. With bread, salad, rice, dip and your choice of skewer/zucchini balls/potato balls, etc. it is heaps of food for $10 and definitely fills you up. You can now order the lunch boxes to eat in (excpet they're on a plate, of course) which I am so pleased about, since I work locally and it's nice to enjoy lunch in the air conditioned restaurant.

I also love going there for dinner with large groups. The banquet is a great option and SO MUCH FOOD! I don't think we have ever been able to finish the food and we often order less than the amount of people we have (e.g. 10 people but only get banquet for 8).

My favourite thing on the menu would have to be parmesan chicken or potato balls or maybe the Istanbul pide.

The owner is so friendly and always goes out of his way to accommodate our requests as we often dine with a friend with a nut allergy and one with a dairy allergy. They always bring out separate plates and make sure they know what they can safely eat. Even if I see the owner around town he always stops to talk to me.

• Visited January 2014

Queanbeyan, Australia
“Fantastic Turkish in Queanbeyan!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

All my family love the Turkish food from the Turquoise Turkish Restaurant. It's great restaurant in a great town.

• Visited January 2014
Canberra
“Very nice for a weeknight dinner :)”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have been here before - a couple of years ago and although the food was nice, it was a hot night, the airconditioner wasn't coping and it was ok.

We went back because it was obvious from the street that the restaurant had been renovated and it now presents a lot nicer than it did, the service was great and the food was delicious!

The waitress gave us our choice of table, explained menu options, etc.

We chose platters and they were very tasty - I took my own rice crackers (as I'm gluten free) and we shared the dips which were tasty. The skewers of meat were full of flavour.

If I had one minor issue, it was that we advised I was coeliac and they served the rice (containing risoni) on the same plate as the vegetables. This misunderstanding of cross-contamination is common within a lot of restaurants. I will ask for the rice on a separate plate in future - but we'll be back - lovely menu and lovely staff :)

• Visited October 2013
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Food is good but banquette quantity not enough!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I ate few times after the new management. During our last time we order banquette, the food taste was good but unfortunately not enough food they provided. So we ate more breads than real food. We don't have lot of options to choose banquette. May be next time planning to order individually not an banquette.

• Visited August 2013
Googong NSW
“Almost worth the wait”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have eaten here three times. There is no doubt that the food is very tasty and good value. But although there are plenty of tables in the restaurant, much of the trade seems to be for take-away meals. This means that the place often has a number of people waiting for their meals to take home, while those seated in the restaurant wait and wait. Also, the staffing seems to be inconsistent, with only the owner really knowing what is available, hw things are cooked, and what is particularly recommended. That said, the food is fresh and tasty, and a better quality than offerings in Manuka for example. Try going early in the week, and you will probably have the best experience: Fridays and Saturdays not recommended, unless you are in a large group with plenty to drink and no concerns about how long service takes.

Visited June 2013