“Good for Canberra attractions” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Best Western Central Motel & Apartments
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Queanbeyan
Melbourne, Australia
“Good for Canberra attractions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here while visiting attractions in Canberra ... much cheaper than Canberra hotels!
The rooms were fine but not exceptional, the restaurant was quite good & the staff very friendly.
Very handy for touring into Canberra.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank john a
ArionHotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at Best Western Central Motel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear John,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here with other Tripadvisor readers. We do provide a great value alternative to the hotels in the centre of Canberra and many of our guests take advantage of our reasonable rates.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes,
Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spent two nights at Central Motel and I could not fault it for quality and value.
Check in was quick and friendly. offered fresh milk which was nice.
The room which was on the grand floor was comfortable and clean.
Complex renovated a few years back but still fresh.
The bed and pillows where comfortable and clean & fresh.
Large screen TV mounted on the wall with the normal channels.
Shower was excellent-nice pressure so you can have a shower.
Its a busy place but not too noisy.
Had a meal- steak & chips in the restaurant which was good quality meat and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Get the executive rooms which are a good standard, size and comfort. Great value too. Rooms towards...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mmalauditor1,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently and we are pleased that your visit met your expectations.

We look forward to providing a warm welcome upon your return to Queanbeyan.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here as part of a meeting we were attending at the motel. The rooms are comfortable, both queen rooms & apartments. With the rooms facing onto an open veranda and courtyard it made for some noisy early morning departures. Not everyone is prepared to carry bags and would prefer to roll them noisily down stairs, even though there is a lift. There seem to be a lot of workers staying with noisy diesel trucks & utes. The bathrooms are quite small but then do you really need a lot of room in a motel bathroom? the meals are disappointing and breakfast should be avoided, even looking at the full breakfast buffet is not enticing. The motel is a handy walk to the centre of town.

Room Tip: higher floors for less noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Helen P
Dear Helen,

Thanks for your review and we are very happy to see you enjoyed your room. All of our rooms and apartments were fully refurbished in 2011 and we are proud to offer the most modern accommodation in Queanbeyan.

Our Chef is incredibly talented and I hope you have the chance to try dinner with us again in the future as I'm confident you will not be disappointed.

Safe travels,
Ayr, Queensland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We chose an Executive Queen room as we were only staying for 4 days. The room was small, clean, with minimal crockery and 2 teaspoons. We had been travelling for 3 days, and were looking forward to getting some rest. The bed looked comfortable, but as I drew back the sheets saw a large black cockroach in the bed. It scuttled off and disappeared under the bed, but my husband and I were reluctant to get into the bed. However, tiredness overcame us and we had a restless night. I related the story to the receptionist, who said he would get the room fumigated.
When we returned to the room later that day, there was a smell of insecticide so we assumed all was well.
On the fourth day we came back from Canberra, hot and thirsty, dying for a cup of tea. I opened a drawer where the teabags were kept, and another cockroach (or it may have been the same one) tried to hide under a plate. Another complaint, and my husband came back with a spray can of insecticide. He doused it, but of course everything in the drawer was ruined.
To top it off, that evening and the following morning, the water in the bathroom turned deep brown, making it impossible to shower and make a hot drink.
We were glad to leave.

Room Tip: You might be better off upstairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PollyAyr
ArionHotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at Best Western Central Motel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear PollyAyr,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very disappointed to see that you had such a problem during your visit. Our rooms a fully refurbished and cleanliness is our top priority, so it is very alarming to see you had a bad experience with this.

I can assure you that our Maintenance and Housekeeping team have been made aware of your feedback so that we may address this issue promptly.

Thanks again and we hope to have the chance to show you a better time on your next visit to the Canberra Region.

Kind regards
South Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked directly through Best Western prior to my 3 night stay to secure a 1br apartment. Even though this is a slightly more expensive option than other online agencies, I thought there would be benefit in directly supporting the local business in Queanbeyan, & it would engender goodwill.

Upon arrival, I was advised we were 'upgraded' to a 1br apartment - but I didn't twig that was unusual as I'd had a long day with an early flight & had been busy at the nearby nursing home that day. When I arrived at the room, I found the door to the bedroom locked. I contacted reception, and they said that yes, they knew it was locked. So that east he first hassle.

They ended up moving me to a smaller room, with a suitable bedding configuration and no kitchen. For the duration of my stay I had to firstly telephone reception to seen if I had to pack my things and move rooms, or if I had to attend reception to get my key reprogrammed.

I advised the, of the inconvenience & requested a partial refund to the value of the room I was accommodated in, but was advised they could only offer me breakfast which, was an unsuitable option.

Upon returning home, I attempted, at least three times, to contact Best Western at Queanbeyan to resolve the overcharge. They did not reply. I then chose to contact Best Western in America who also attempted to contact Best Western in Queanbeyan and they also received no response.

To recompense the nuisance of having to change rooms, being overcharged, attending reception every day & not having a response from Best Western at Queanbeyan the American head office mailed me a gift card.

I normally don't leave negative feedback regarding any issues, preferring to speak directly with those involved, but I think it is necessary in this instance.

From reading the other reviews it seems that if things go well during the stay, things go well... But if there's a hiccup, you're abandoned & no mutual resolution will be sought.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Suzanne R
ArionHotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at Best Western Central Motel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor. While I am not personally familiar with the circumstances of the issue that arose, I can see that the problem certainly took far too long to resolve.

We do our best to provide efficient service at all times and there was clearly a terrible breakdown of this in your situation.

I hope that you will stay again at Best Western so that we may have the chance to restore your faith in our hotels.

Kind regards
Temora, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This motel provided us with a cheaper option than staying in Canberra, with a comfortable drive to get to Canberra attractions. It is also well situated to walk to Queanbeyan CBD, but far enough away to be quiet. The room we had was a queen room in the corner and was spotlessly clean and comfortable, and although a little dated, served our purposes well. The AC worked well, and the bathroom was a reasonable size with a good shower. There was a little noise when neighbours were leaving in the morning, but not enough to cause us any distress. Free wifi was a welcome addition. All in all a worthwhile place to stay and pretty good value.

Room Tip: Our corner room was fairly quiet, and be aware that there are three stories to the motel, which can...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear vicNtony,

Thanks for your review here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be clean, comfortable and great value.

As you mentioned, we provide a great value alternative to staying in Canberra and are just a short drive away from the best that the ACT has to offer.

Thanks again and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Central Motel & Apartments again soon.

Springwood, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We usually stay in Canberra but my husband had a job in Queanbeyan so we booked this Motel. We are a family of 4 and were pleasantly surprised. Room was well equipped with freestanding cooker, microwave, fridge toaster etc and enough pots and pans should you wish to cook. It was spotlessly clean and Wifi worked well. Having a separate bedroom with 2 single beds, also with TV worked will with 2 almost teenage boys. It is within walking distance to town and supermarkets. The Restaurant is only open Mon to Thurs for dinner and we arrived late on a Thursday evening so we didn't dine there. Having the use of a pool was also great although some shade and more comfortable poolside furniture for relaxing guests and supervising parents would be nice. It is only a short drive to all of Canberra's attractions. Staff are pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay again as it is spotlessly clean, well priced and equipped accommodation.

Room Tip: We had a family apartment which comfortably slept 4 and had cooking facilities which I would recomme...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArionHotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at Best Western Central Motel & Apartments, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Ner76,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Central Motel & Apartments in Queanbeyan.

We are very pleased to see that you had a great visit with us and enjoyed the facilities and comfort of your Serviced Apartments.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the need for more shade at our swimming pool and these comments have been passed onto the owners of the motel.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Ryan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queanbeyan
Comfort Inn Airport International
Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Mid City Motor Inn
Mid City Motor Inn
#4 of 13 in Queanbeyan

Been to Best Western Central Motel & Apartments? Share your experiences!