Golden Age Motor Inn
Mid City Motor Inn(Queanbeyan)
$100
Margeurita Motel(Queanbeyan)
$69
$67
Travelocity
All reviewsbreakfast roomcooked breakfaststayed herethe main roadhome away from homefree continental breakfastcomfortable roomswill stay there againgood sizeleagues clubnice staypower pointsfast food outletsstaff are very friendly and helpfulroom was largeshort strolltown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was privileged to stay at the Golden Age Motor Inn, while working in Queanbeyan in 2013.

I found the service friendly, the rooms very comfortable and I felt safe staying there. It felt like it was a bit like home.

The restaurant was extremely handy - especially after a long day's work. I enjoyed the Lamb Shanks!

A great location. Short walk to the Leagues Club for Dinner. Close to the beautiful walks along the Queanbeyan River.

As a Sydney person - I was delighted to find a great place to stay near Canberra. I will be definitely staying at the Golden Age Motel Inn when I next want to visit the latest exhibitions at the National Art Gallery.

When my mother came to visit me over the weekend - and we enjoyed a spacious, comfortable room. Then we enjoyed the Continental Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday in the pleasant Breakfast room.

I strongly recommend the Golden Age Motor Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GoldenAgeQueanbeyan, Manager at Golden Age Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Janine,

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

We are glad that you found the hotel staff to be friendly and that you felt safe during your visits with us.

The lamb shanks are a popular dish and the chef is pleased that you enjoy them.

We look forward to you staying next time you are visiting the Art Gallery.

Thanks again for recommending our motel.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I travel to Canberra frequently with a big group of people and from the minute we arrive the team at the Golden Age make me and the team feel VERY welcome. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The rooms have character which make it feel like a 'home away from home'. The food in the restaurant is superb and is served promptly with a smile which you appreciate after a hard day! But the best thing about it is the cooked breakfast... Cooked with love! I recommend this motel to anyone traveling to Canberra for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stays at the Golden Age.

We are happy to hear that you & your group enjoy our service when staying at our motel as we do try to give every guest the best possible service & experience while staying with us.

As we are a family run business the homely feeling comes with the rooms, service & cooking :) Our breakfast & dinner chefs are glad that you find the meals superb.

Thanks again for recommending our motel and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the 24th August with my Fiance and our daughter and her friend we had 2 king rooms.They were very comfortable and roomy.The staff were excellent and friendly.Very close to the main st and their continental breakfast is excellent.You are made feel welcome and I strongly recommend this motel to every 1.The cost was very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you found our motel warm & welcoming. Our staff strive to provide the best service possible. Our breakfast is very popular as we have lots of variety so is was nice that you found this to be excellent.

Hope to see you in the future if travelling to Queanbeyan.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here during the first week of August 2013, in winter, and winter isn't my favourite time of year to be travelling to Canberra.I must admit to not having any input into the choice of accommodation as this was chosen by my company.

The sign out the front indicates that the facilities have a four-star (4 star) rating, which I don't think is 100% accurate for the room that I stayed in, and advertised that they had Foxtel, which I couldn't find either on the television or in the in-room guide.

The bed was soft, but not saggy (there is a difference, and this was the soft-in-a-good-way kind), however for a traveler with a bad back this isn't always ideal. I didn't wake up the next day not being able to walk, so that is positive.

The room I was in (Rm 21) could do with a little updating - but from what I saw, I believe that this may be in the works (there was barricading on the verandah a little further down from my room, and it appeared that there was construction work going on), so this may be null and void very soon.

I was a little surprised to find a doona / duvet / quilt just heaped on the couch when I walked in, but the sheets had definitely been changed so that wasn't the end of the world. The floor was clean, the bed clean, the desk and coffee table clean, in fact the whole place was clean - that's a real must for me, and I was not disappointed. Thank you so much to the staff for that, because my OCD-tendencies won't let me sleep if I'm wondering how clean the room is.

The room was certainly quite large - there was a queen bed AND a couch, along with a desk (free wired internet available - pay a deposit if you need a cable and it is refunded when you return it) AND coffee table, so there is more than enough space for a single business traveler, couple, or even family with a small child or two.

I ordered room service, and this arrived in record time - which is quite impressive. The dinner was acceptable (I wasn't overly hungry), and the portion size was larger than expected.
Breakfast was included in the room rate that was booked, and the lady in the breakfast room (who had cooked and was recording room numbers) was friendly and approachable. A full buffet breakfast at the beginning of a long day is very welcome. The hot dishes were varied and still hot - the only suggestion I would make is perhaps a few more pairs of tongs to handle the bread to make toast. This wasn't an issue for me (I was the only person in the breakfast room on the day I was there), but I had to use the tongs placed for picking up sausages and bacon from the bain marie - if the breakfast room was busy, I could see this resulting in people using their hands (and again, this doesn't work with my OCD-tendencies).

The toiletries supplied were basic - soap, shower cap, shampoo/conditioner in a sachet - but I question the logic in leaving 3 x cotton buds bare (no wrapping, just sitting in with the shampoo sachet) and the 2 x home brand band-aids in among the toiletries - that had me a little confused, as I'm not sure if this was an attempt at providing "a little bit more" that missed the mark, or if these were left by the former occupant.

The place is situated on quite a busy road - there was no road noise in my room, but the walls are a little thin, and I could hear (loud enough to be confusing at first, but still low) the television from the room next door. It confused me at first as I thought a radio may have been on, but I was able to determine that it was the television next door.

The staff that I had dealings with were very happy, courteous and polite, so no trouble whatsoever in recommending this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ecnalubma

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit at our motel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the bed & meals at the motel.

Foxel is advertised as we have 10 foxel channels available. If you had any issues finding them, our reception staff are always available to help.

As you mentioned we are in the process of renovation the rooms at the Golden Age so I hope you will find the rooms more updated if staying in the future.

We always take on-board guest suggestions & ideas, and appreciate that you gave us your feedback.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Kind regards, Managment

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am the Manager of QBN RSL Memorial Bowling Club and I would sincerly like to thank Golden Age for their considerate hospitality. Recently one of our young members sadly passed away and Golden Age was THAT wonderful they took in this members family during their greif whilst they had to come here to finalise matters. Golden Age was kind enough to give accomodation and breakfast on their behalf of which all the members and the board of QBN RSL Memorial Bowling Club truly appreciated. The owners are very friendly and passionate for the people. This was a truly thoughtful thing to offer to one of our members during a terrible period and one less cost that they had to worry about during this time.I would like everyone to know what sort of people run this hotel as it truely shows the heart that comes out from Golden Age Motor Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear QBN RSL Memorial Bowling Club.
Thank you for you lovely comment about our motel. We were terribly sorry to here about the family's loss. It was a pleasure to be able to accommodate them during such a tragic time. We wish them all the best and thank you again for you appreciation.
Kind regards, Golden Age Owners & Manager