“Never Again!”

The Strip - Woodfired Pizza and Pasta Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Strip is Queanbeyan's newest restaurant and has burst onto the scene with fresh made pasta, wood fire pizza and great local seafood and steak! Open 7 days for lunch (12:00 - 3:00) & dinner (5:30 - 9:00). Next visit to Queanbeyan, make sure you do not miss it!
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Never Again!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

On Mothers day we we presented with 4 meals - the two that myself and my mother had was absolutely terrible. We had the battered fish that arrived dripping in oil, the side salad had only oil for dressing, the apparent tatare sauce was plain cream and the chips were soggy. If it wasnt for the other two meals that I am sure was based on a jar of chicken tonight - we would have starved! I even told the staff upon payment and I was met with 'oh, Im sorry to hear that'. No bill adjustment in compensation - but 2 full meals were left behind. Our waitress slapped the plates down in front of us also. Never Again!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank TCP1133

Canberra
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Three of us enjoyed a lovely lunch at The Strip on Easter Monday. We all had an entree that promptly served and nicely cooked. We all had wood fired pizzas, all different, and there were no complaints at all. Pizzas were nicely cooked and had plenty of filling, good value for what you get. They have an extensive drinks menu. We highly recommend that you try The Strip when next in Queanbeyan.

• Visited April 2013
“Stay Away!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The meal began with lukewarm coffee at low tide, swarming flies, the worst rubbery garlic bread ever seen or tasted, waitresses who dropped cutlery on the floor and then either didn't pick it up, or picked it up and put it back on the table (not ours). The potato wedges were top notch - best I've ever had, and aside from the irritation of the flies, this gave me great hope. The mains we ordered were from the specials board - beef strog, and 'meatball burger'. When they arrived, the waitress took both the barely touched garlic bread AND the wedges that we were still eating, but left the empty coffee cups crowding the table. The beef strog was a massive pile of spaghetti, slabs of beef pieces, few mushrooms and a giant glob of sour cream topped with pickles. Tasted fine. Presentation was dreadful, although the flies didn't mind. Aside from being difficult to eat, I wonder who on earth could eat the oversized portion of cold, basically horrible spaghetti? The 'meatball burger' looked a treat, but quickly disappointed. The crusty-looking bread-roll was stale and chewy, but completely soggy mush from the tomato sauce - which had inedible slices of garlic cloves all through it. Still the flies buzzed. The salad accompaniment looked fresh and attractive, but only the meatballs were eaten. We asked a waitress to do something about the flies but she just agreed they were bad and walked off. My companion wanted to order dessert but after the meals which were large and largely uneaten, I cautioned her against ordering. This was fortunate as the table next to us ordered dessert and it all looked dreadful - train wreck of a chocolate brownie with scattered sauce, pathetic serve of gelato...so glad we didn't order - not that we could have as waitresses were inattentive despite only a few customers. Two coffees, wedges, garlic bread, beef strog and a burger came to $81.00. Worst meal I've had in ages. Certainly not worth that kind of money. Poor service from untrained teens, and TOO MANY FLIES! And if that's what the flies are like indoors, imagine how many inhabit the kitchen! Definitely will not ever return!

1 Thank Gael-Fource
Moama, Australia
“Beautiful meal”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful meals, value for money, quick service, wait staff nice but should smile more. Lovely deco & comfortable

“The best Italian you'll ever eat!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and I have been dining all over Sydney for some 40 years. Today my mother and I had the opportunity to have lunch at the best Italian restaurant in New South Wales, since Sandro's closed 25 years ago. The service was outstanding and friendly and you'd go a long way to find better food.
Bellisimo..!!!!!