“Stunned Diner”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Lake Conjola
“Stunned Diner”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary here and were stunned by the quality of service, the impeccable taste of the toothfish and the delectable taste of the fresh local blueberries for dessert. We appreciated our waiter's articulation of the menu and his courteousness throughout the evening. The experience was from the top shelf.

Visited January 2014
THESTUNNEDMULLE... P, Owner at The Stunned Mullet, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thanks Kevin P for your excellent review of The Stunned Mullet. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Scotland
“Wine = Rip Off!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Yes the food is lovely yet expensive, so for us, it was going to be the place for 'special occasions'.. This is a fully licenced restaurant, the wine is marked up so much it makes me physically sick! I know all my wine prices so seeing a bottle of wine that you get for under $7 at Dan murphy's for over $40 here is just daylight robbery. Never again! Lost a lot of local business. Think I'll stick to my other favourites, spinnakers and fusion 7. Just don't like being ripped off with wine!!

2 Thank Foodlover8571
THESTUNNEDMULLE... P, Owner at The Stunned Mullet, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hello Foodlover

As you are undoubtedly aware, we are a very professional and well established venue serving Port Macquarie for approximately 9 years to date. We certainly review and carefully assess all of our customer feedback and comments in order to refine and enhance our customers experience.
I have reviewed your comments and I am struggling to establish which wine you are referring to as my records indicate that my wines priced within the 36-45 dollar range cost me well over 15 dollars. In my very diligent comparison to Dan Murphy's they are all in excess of 15 dollars as well. I must also highlight that we offer an ocean view, table, chairs, fine stemware and most importantly fantastic service from our professional team- perhaps inline with some of our competitors but certainly not available to you with Dan Murphy's for those special occasions. Only a restaurant of our calibre can deliver all the value adds highlighted above.

Notwithstanding , I am sincerely apologetic that your experience was tainted based on your perception of our wine pricing and therefore I would be more than happy to refund your money in full if you could enlighten me on the name of wine and proof of purchase or advertisement to support your claim. Please feel free to email info@thestunnedmullet.com.au or contact us via telephone at 6584 7757

I thank you for your time.
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Simply superb”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This isn't the first time we have dined at The Stunned Mullet, and yet again, we couldn't find fault with a single thing. The food - as always, was superb, offering ingredients that one just might not expect to find in a regional area. This highlights how passionate this team is about offering something pretty special. The wine list is outstanding, the atmosphere is sophisticated but relaxed and the service is second-to-none. The views from the front of the restaurant are great, but even a table further back isn't a disadvantage - it's a lovely environment to relax and be spoilt.

• Visited January 2014
Thanks Monica R for taking the time to review The Stunned Mullet. We are thilled that you enjoy your dining experiences with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Port Macquarie, Australia
“A Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The service is very professional and the food is first class, the athmosphere and view is as good as it gets. We have been here a couple of times before and it is one of the best restrurants in Port Macquarie if not the best,

• Visited January 2014
Thanks jandl_23 for your review of The Stunned Mullet. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed dining with us several times now and we look forward to seeing you again.
ACT
“Great feed”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I can see why this is the best restaurant in town. Prime location and great food. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were suprisingly large for fine dining. Everything was cooked to perfection and the service was fantastic.

Visited January 2014
Thanks AussieAlyce for your lovely review of The Stunned Mullet. We are thrilled you enjoyed your evening and we appreciate that you took the time to write a review.