We (a baby boomer couple) have stayed at this hotel for a few nights a couple of times this year, and both times we found the rooms were excellent with great views, the room service was seamless and the people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We loved the indoor pool and spa on the ground floor, and only a couple of hundred metres took us to a well maintained local maritime museum, an ocean beach, and a beautiful short headland walk/jog to Flagstaff Lookout. There were cafes and places to eat right outside the hotel, and a close by bowling club which we tried for the "all you can eat" bistro experience. It was also an pleasant walk (less than a kilometre) to the centre of the action in Port Macquarie township. Our package included well maintained bikes with helmets, so we took an easy (flat) ride along the river past the town and out to Settlement Point (walking the bikes over one busy bridge).
Overall a very nice few days both times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra The Observatory offers seaside accommodation in the heart of Port Macquarie. Located directly across from the beach, this contemporary hotel boasts spectacular views over the ocean, river and hinterland, and provides close proximity to many of the areas natural attractions. Secure onsite car parking with an electric car charging station is complimentary for all guests along with free in-room wireless Internet access. Accommodation is modern and spacious with the choice of the Hotel Room, One, Two or Three Bedroom Apartment, and the Three Bedroom Penthouse. Apartments boast private balconies, air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities, and large TVs with Foxtel channels. At Mantra The Observatory you’ll enjoy an excellent range of facilities including a heated lap pool, spa, sauna, BBQ area, and onsite dining options. Sample the region’s freshest seafood at Scampi’s Seafood Bar and Grill, or visit The Observatory Milkbar for a refreshing holiday beverage. A day spa is situated onsite for your convenience if you’d like to treat yourself to massage or facial during your stay. If you’re planning to soak in the sun there are countless beaches and picnic spots to explore, or for a little retail therapy the town centre is just a short walk away with a collection of boutique stores and retail chains at your fingertips. There is an abundance of activities on offer from the more adventurous including kayaking, fishing, horse riding and camel safaris, to family friendly activities such as wildlife and nature parks, local markets, golf, and ten pin bowling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Mantra The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie