We found The Observatory by buying a Groupon voucher and had a wonderful time. When I looked at the features of our room, at first I was a little disappointed that our balcony had fitted louvres (as with all of the standard ocean view hotel rooms, which are inbetween apartment rooms on both sides of the building), however, after seeing the room in person it wasn't an issue. In fact, it added some privacy that we may not have otherwise had with an apartment room. We were on level 6 and had a gorgeous view of the park below and ocean, giant king bed, beautifully spacious bathroom with a huge shower and were greeted with wine, chocolates and fruit upon arrival.
The staff were lovely and accommodating. Underground parking was secure and convenient. The Milk Bar cafe on the ground floor seems to be a popular spot, and the coffee and breakfast were lovely.
Un-Observatory related: we booked in for a sunset river cruise with 'Cruise adventures' which they cancelled on us 25min beforehand due to lack of interest (something they could have done earlier in the day to give us the option of taking an earlier cruise or making other arrangements with another cruise company, or even taken the two of us out - poorly handled in my opinion). Also, do yourself a favour and avoid the Wall of China restaurant, yuck! See my review there for more information.
Whenever we visit Port Macquarie, I will be sure to book accommodation at The Observatory :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra The Observatory offers seaside accommodation in the heart of Port Macquarie. Located directly across from the beach, this contemporary hotel boasts spectacular views over the ocean, river and hinterland, and provides close proximity to many of the areas natural attractions. Secure onsite car parking with an electric car charging station is complimentary for all guests along with free in-room wireless Internet access. Accommodation is modern and spacious with the choice of the Hotel Room, One, Two or Three Bedroom Apartment, and the Three Bedroom Penthouse. Apartments boast private balconies, air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities, and large TVs with Foxtel channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Otel, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantra The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie