We love the Observatory at Port Macquarie so much that we have stayed there three times in the last 7 years and wont stay anywhere else in Port Macquarie. I have searched for alternatives there but nothing seems to beat the atmosphere, room size, value, quality, modernity of The Observatory. We are not the type of people to repeat visit a place so this is truly awesome value quality. We always stay in the Terraces as they suit our young family. However I have looked at the two bedroom apartments on the beach side of The Observatory and these rooms are just as beautiful, however the views of the beach are stunning.
All the apartment rooms are huge and the decor is modern and comfy. The reception staff are gorgeous and are very helpful.
We love the fact the Observatory has an indoor pool as well as two beaches across the road. It is also located near some of the best restaurants like "The Stunned Mullet" and the "Fusion 7."
If you haven't been to Port Macquarie it is definitely worth visiting. Things to do would be to hire a boat and going fishing on the river for a few hours, go for a camel ride on the beach, visit Billabong and see the snow leapords and also visit Timbertown (all these things are awesome). We also took a 15 minute drive south to visit North Brother Mountain, the views here are truly spectacular.
We love Port Macquarie, the people are friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed and there are lots of nice place to just relax and have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra The Observatory offers seaside accommodation in the heart of Port Macquarie. Located directly across from the beach, this contemporary hotel boasts spectacular views over the ocean, river and hinterland, and provides close proximity to many of the areas natural attractions. Secure onsite car parking with an electric car charging station is complimentary for all guests along with free in-room wireless Internet access. Accommodation is modern and spacious with the choice of the Hotel Room, One, Two or Three Bedroom Apartment, and the Three Bedroom Penthouse. Apartments boast private balconies, air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities, and large TVs with Foxtel channels. At Mantra The Observatory you’ll enjoy an excellent range of facilities including a heated lap pool, spa, sauna, BBQ area, and onsite dining options. Sample the region’s freshest seafood at Scampi’s Seafood Bar and Grill, or visit The Observatory Milkbar for a refreshing holiday beverage. A day spa is situated onsite for your convenience if you’d like to treat yourself to massage or facial during your stay. If you’re planning to soak in the sun there are countless beaches and picnic spots to explore, or for a little retail therapy the town centre is just a short walk away with a collection of boutique stores and retail chains at your fingertips. There is an abundance of activities on offer from the more adventurous including kayaking, fishing, horse riding and camel safaris, to family friendly activities such as wildlife and nature parks, local markets, golf, and ten pin bowling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantra The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie