We stayed at the Observatory with our 3 year old daughter on our way back from Byron Bay. The one bedroom apartment was a last minute booking and it was fantastic. Very spacious, clean, modern and quiet. It was opposite the beach and although we booked an inner room with no view, we saw that the view through the beachside rooms looked fantastic. The staff were very helpful and there were some great cafes downstairs. We would definitely be interested in returning for a longer stay next time. I'll just be keeping an eye out on the Internet for some cheaper rates as it was a little expensive for a last minute booking. Definitely recommend it though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra The Observatory offers seaside accommodation in the heart of Port Macquarie. Located directly across from the beach, this contemporary hotel boasts spectacular views over the ocean, river and hinterland, and provides close proximity to many of the areas natural attractions. Secure onsite car parking with an electric car charging station is complimentary for all guests along with free in-room wireless Internet access. Accommodation is modern and spacious with the choice of the Hotel Room, One, Two or Three Bedroom Apartment, and the Three Bedroom Penthouse. Apartments boast private balconies, air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities, and large TVs with Foxtel channels. At Mantra The Observatory you’ll enjoy an excellent range of facilities including a heated lap pool, spa, sauna, BBQ area, and onsite dining options. Sample the region’s freshest seafood at Scampi’s Seafood Bar and Grill, or visit The Observatory Milkbar for a refreshing holiday beverage. A day spa is situated onsite for your convenience if you’d like to treat yourself to massage or facial during your stay. If you’re planning to soak in the sun there are countless beaches and picnic spots to explore, or for a little retail therapy the town centre is just a short walk away with a collection of boutique stores and retail chains at your fingertips. There is an abundance of activities on offer from the more adventurous including kayaking, fishing, horse riding and camel safaris, to family friendly activities such as wildlife and nature parks, local markets, golf, and ten pin bowling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie