“Excellent day on the water”

Port Macquarie Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Port Macquarie fishing charters , Port's most experienced and successful deep sea fishing charter operators. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Ocean Star, a 40ft custom Randell charter vessel, Private Toilet, comfortable seating, Food&drinks supplied, quality Rods&reels ,experienced Decky for advice and helping hand, We have been Chartering out of Port Macquarie Since 1996 , we were Voted by all the Leading Tackle Shops in Port Macquarie as there number 1 choice for charter Fishing Port macquarie ! 100% Safety Record with NSW Waterways. Port Macquarie fishing charters has a strong return client base due to fishing in the most productive reefs off Port, Very consistent fish catch record. Oceanstar regularly catch Snapper, PearlPerch, Kingfish, Jewfish, DolphinFish to name a few, When in Port call us up for the latest weather conditions as we pride ourselves in giving honest advice . All you need is your hat !
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Great day out, thanks to all the guys on board who gave everyone on board attention and particularly to my young son, they assisted him in all areas but also gave him encouragement and never left him out. Thanks again we will be back.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Many thanks to the captain and crew of Ocean Star. Skipper Geoff's knowledge and skills are second to none, he put us on the fish every move. Blackie the deckhand is a tourist attraction in himself and made the trip all the more enjoyable and entertaining. Thanks guys for an awesome fishing experience, I'll definitely be coming out again!!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I may have been the only woman on board but I still caught the best perch! Nothing is too much trouble for these guys ---- they even pick you up and return you to the hotel. Everything you need for a good fishing trip is on board and the combined fishing knowledge of the crew is second to none. It was a truly enjoyable experience with lots of laughs and a "must" for anybody visiting Port Macquarie for the first time. I've tried the rest ------ these guys are the best!
Jane from UK

2  Thank Freddier53
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

This was the best days fishing I have been on for a very long time! Crew were great, helpful with everything. Crew made us feel very welcome and explained all the safety measures. We caught an assortment of fish, even a great size Pearl Perch. There was nothing to bring beside my hat, as everything is provided. They even clean fish, pack them on ice, and if you want they will also pick you up and drop you off from your resort. The team always knew where the fish were and ready to move when there was no action. You can never beat the excitement of seeing colour when you are bring in fish and then seeing your large catch. John, the owner, was always available for communication over the phone and he has a friendly and welcoming nature. I would highly recommend Ocean Star Deep Sea Fishing for your next fishing trip. A+++

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'm not one for early starts but to do this you have to get up early but you won't be disappointed. By sunrise you're heading out of the river into the spectacular coast off Port Mac. This charter is very well organised. They say "all you need is your hat" and that's exactly all we needed. The crew was helpful and not to mention entertaining...the whole day, these boys will have you laughing all day while you're reeling in the fish. We came away with about 20kg's of fish (between me and my mate) snapper, trag, trevally and moey. Ocean Star is a good sized comfortable boat and the length of the charter was perfect. We came back and cleaned the fish amongst the pelicans on shore with tourists taking photos of us like we were celebrities. Worth every cent and will do it again when I'm back in Port Mac...