“Bad Management by Majestic”
Review of Majestic cinemas

Majestic cinemas
Port Macquarie, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Bad Management by Majestic”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I took my Granddaughter to see the Lego Movie on Saturday we were told whilst waiting in line with numerous other children that it was sold out this was upsetting but this can happen.

So got tickets for Sunday luck I did and was told that the movie would be in theatre 3 the Small one so I asked what one was it in now guess what the same small one theatre 3 (this theatre only has 70 seats in it)

So if sold out all weekend you would think move to big theatre pack to the rafters!!!!!!! So lots of kids wouldn’t be heartbroken we should move it to I don’t know maybe the bigger one like theatre 2 or 1 as it only takes the push of a button to move the picture to another theatre which is bigger and you would have no upset kids that are all ready to watch a picture that they are looking forward to but for management it was better to have crying upset children then being sensible YES I Known silly me think picture shows were for making kids happy (silly silly me) and not just for management’s profits only.

Well guess what your business depends on people trusting that you will do the right thing by your paying public which you done seam to do very often. This is the second time that I have been to watch a movie at your cinema only to find that the most popular movie has been stuck in a small theatre it was the same when my partner and I went to watch Wall Street lots of people wanting to watch the movie but so small a theatre that most missed out. (As Adults we are disappointed but for kids this is not a case of well we will do something else this is heartbreaking).
Maybe next time we will go to Laurieton and get better treatment by management and staff and have an enjoyable movie experiences.
I would say to anybody reading this don’t for one second think this Management at Majestic are thinking about the paying public you and how to make you feel at home they are profit motivated only. Just look at the rude unhelpful staff and you have your answer SHAME MAJESTIC SHAME that all I can say

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Allen M

Newcastle, Australia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Cosy & Friendly Cinema”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Saw 3 movies here during our recent visit. The cinema has had extensive renos since our last visit a few years ago. There are a few cinemas (at least 5). Although the 3 different cinemas that we sat in were tiny, we sat in the back row & experienced no difficulty watching the screens. Each time we entered the cinemas, the patrons (both locals & visitors like ourselves) were so friendly - chatting & joking to us. I think the smallness of the areas made for a cosy & welcoming atmosphere. The staff also were friendly.

Visited March 2014
port macquarie
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great little theatre”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Since the renovations they have been able to show a greater variety of films. My favorite is No 4 which has 5 rows, a nice intimate theatre.

Visited December 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Anchorman more like comfy seats and pepsi holder”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

i liked the fact they put in more screens although some are on the small side.
i also enjoyed my choc top and my skittles red bag not the green bag!!!!

Visited January 2014
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Handy theatre to town”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This little theatre has been modernised and is comfortable - the only issue it needs to use signage for disabled patrons on how to enter the foyer without steps.

Visited November 2013