“good for eat in or takeaway”
Review of Northpoint Thai

Northpoint Thai
Ranked #49 of 228 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“good for eat in or takeaway”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

very friendly staff great location close to town! very accomplished thai food only sad thing no jungle curry :(
But love it anyway

Visited January 2014

Canberra, Australia
“Hits and Misses”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I want to give Northpoint Thai 3.5 stars. I can't quite bring myself to push the rating to 4 stars, because - as others have said - the quality was inconsistent.
I chose the lamb shank massaman, which I liked, albeit the potatoes were poorly chosen.
We also had the special prawns, a green vege curry and a pad cashew stir-fry with chicken for the girls to share.
The sauces were pretty good, but there just wasn't quite enough love in the dishes. All the dishes were off balance with too much of a wrong thing in every one.
That isn't to say we didn't enjoy our meal - we did. The waiting staff, (a motley crew) were very accommodating and attentive. It's not the prettiest of locations, but it *is* right on the river and a short walk to Baskins and Robbins for ice-cream afterwards :-)
There just needs to be a little more care given to the substance of the dishes, to turn OK meals into meals you'd be happy to go back for.

1 Thank Ozofriendly
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Very good but needs consistency...”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

As locals we have visited twice ..the first time was great with generous servings but last week the quality seemed not as good eg the calamari salad was a bit 'soggy". Our veg stir fry was fairly small. It seemed really different in the tourist season with no umbrellas in the evening from the sun....the courtyard faces north and west. Service was very good and the tables are set very nicely.
Perhaps we would wait till quiet time again to return.

1 Thank chris G
Scotland
“Beautiful Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just got home from having a lovely meal here. I agree with another reviewer, the fish cakes were oily, but very tasty! Chicken salad was OK, had lots of wonderful herbs, Thai basil, mint, coriander (so I do not believe the review about them not using any herbs!) the chicken was deep fried, quite a lot of batter, but the dish was lovely, could have been a bit hotter, thankfully we ordered chilli on the side, so were able to heat things up! Beef massamum was very very good! Not a lot of Thai restaurant's use the 'chunky' beef so I highly recommend it! It was cooked so it was falling apart in your mouth. Only downside to this restaurant is the waitress isn't well trained, she couldn't comment on any dishes nor did she seem to care much about the diners, she forgot to bring our rice and went and took another order when the rest of our food was at the table - and also when another lady came in and asked where she should sit, she shrugged her shoulders - she was a backpacker so just there for the money I guess. I think if they spent more money on qualified wait staff then they would have got 5 stars from me! An extra bonus was the lady owner allowed me to let my dog sit next to my table outside, my dog is very well behaved and didn't make a peep.. BYO was cheap !! We would defiantly go back for another night out here.

Broadbeach, Australia
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We didn't have reservation and the place was packed.
Good food, fast friendly service.
Value for money