“Great Food from the Young Innovative Chefs”

Governor's Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 236 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ate here with the family and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and taste of the very well presented food. Surprised this place hasn't had more reviews as the food was better than most places I've eaten at Port Macquarie. I chose the Steak dish with asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto with chat potatoes and everything including the steak was cooked and presented to perfection. The standout though was the pride the chefs took in my kids meals which looked and tasted great also with my wife and myself having to try some of the kids chicken pieces they looked so good. We were not disappointed. The small restaurant could use some atmosphere but the service was friendly enough and I would definitely eat here again if in the area.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were back at the Governors restaurant after my first review. While it was still good the menu has changed to mainly have more basic meals.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went with a CWA group and we had an amazing meal with the best service imaginable. It was a great evening and the food was so delicious and plenty of it.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

As a well travelled city couple we did not expect too much from a town motel restaurant. Well, from the moment we walked in until we walked out the girl running the restaurant was so friendly, polite and very obliging. Top marks to her. The food was as good as any great city restaurant. Top marks too to the Chef. Hope the standard does not change.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Dinner for 6 at Governor's Restaurant was really fantastic - April 2013.

The service was great.

The food was divine.

Ray the new Chef, has created a simple new menu, which offered an excellent choice of fare.

The tempura Sushi was delicious, as was the succulent Beef dish.The Cream Brulee was exqusite.

Decor very plain but we didn't go for that we went out to enjoy ourselves and celebrate.

The Restaurant is a hidden gem, as it is the Macquarie Best Western Motel.

Would recommend the Restaurant and definitely will be going back again.