“Vegetarian? No joy at this restaurant!”
Review of La Roma

La Roma
Ranked #110 of 228 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Vegetarian? No joy at this restaurant!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very extensive menu but if you're vegetarian, the only main is basically pasta in tomato sauce - pretty boring. Forced to have a pizza to have any real choice - it was actually quite good, but not the pleasant dining experience we were looking forward to. Not good enough these days when more and more people are vegetarian! And no menu on display to check out in advance.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Potfolk

Newcastle, Australia
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

After numerous trips to Port Macquarie, often staying at Port Pacific, we had not eaten at La Roma before, because of the often scathing reviews. We were pleasantly surprised last night. The staff were very attentive and the food was good. I had Beef Wellington and had trouble finishing because of the size, but it was too good to leave. My husband had Veal Marsala which he thought was just great. We will eat there again, when staying next door.

• Visited May 2014
Manly, Australia
“Good food for a good price”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We felt like Italian and found this little gem.
Looks are deceaving and once you taste their Italian, you will be back.
The look of the restaurant is a litle out dated but the food was great and tasty and the service was friendly.

Visited April 2014
“Horrible!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Is not an Italian restaurant! I am from an Italian family and that was not Italian food. I ordered the lasagna it came out like they cooked it too long and had mushrooms in there? Not your typical lasagna dish. My daughter had the entre spaghetti bolognaise and it was disgusting! The pasta way over cooked and breaking apart like they left it in the water for too long. Do not recommend this place at all! Do not go here. Not Italian food. I also submitted a photo of my lasagna.

5 Thank Vanessa E
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some people don't take the hint”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Long weekend trudged around unsuccessfully until tripping over this place.

It was all but empty (clue #1 missed). Decor was all purchased from the Reject Shop with a few touches from what must have been roadside junk heaps.

Waitress was friendly (probably more like grateful) and ordered a steak, wife ordered a pasta. Started with bruschetta. Upsold a higher grade of steak for a few dollars more. Hhhmmmm!

Bruschetta arrived, mushy as if from a can. Zero taste.

Steak and pasta were so over soaked in garlic that I may as well have been eating it from a jar with a soup spoon. Couldn't eat more than half.

Both the waitress and chef (???) buzzed all over us constantly seeking praise for the food. All I could say was "mmmmmm" to save lying.

Wanted a beer from the 20 imported selection displayed on the bar only to be told that extra dry was the only beer in the fridge.

Got overcharged at the register but happy to get the hell out of there.

If I'd read the other reviews as the owner of this place, I'd kill myself.

For now I have advice for both the owners (for God's sake give it up) and the public (MacDonalds LONG before this joint).

1 Thank Elliot K