We passed through Port Macquarie and stayed 2 nights here on a friend's recommendation. I trusted their judgement and was rewarded with a comfortable room with great amenities.
We stayed in the superior room. This was the second level of accommodation. It was a motel room with queen size bed, kitchenette, sofa and writing desk. The room was a good size and was quite comfortable. The beds are very good quality, no problems at all with sleeping here. The room was quite modern and featured good airconditioning and an LCD TV. The kitchen is quite well stocked so you could self cater if you wanted to. Make sure you try the shortbread biscuits they supply you with, these were quite good.
The motel style rooms open onto a terrace on the first floor. The terrace has tables and chairs and a BBQ. We found it quite pleasant to take breakfast here. As the cheaper rooms (like the one we stayed in) open onto the terrace it does reduce your privacy a little. If you pay a bit more you can get a room that is more private. We didn't have any problems during our stay.
The internet access is great. It was only $6 a night and it was a good quality connection.
The breakfast was good value. We ordered a few different items and they were well made.
The owners weren't exactly what you would call charismatic. Attempts to engage in conversation or to get more information about local attractions weren't very successful. However, they run a top quality establishment so I don't mind if they aren't overly friendly.
This is a well maintained and comfortable motel. A great place to stay if you're in Port Macquarie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest in modern motel and apartment accommodation nestled in a quite residential cul-de-sac adjoining public parkland & gardens 140m away from a busy highway. Only 3 minutes drive to the centre of Port Macquarie. Registered 4 star facilities with the latest technology Large Screen TVs plus theatre surround sound in our apartments. In house bike hire facilities for rides along the Hastings River, offered free to guests returning the bikes before 9.00am. Office hours are from 7.30am until 9.00pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Hill Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie
- Port Macquarie Quality Inn