We wanted to get away for the long weekend and stay in a nice resort by the water. We booked an "absolute waterfront" which turns out that its a "pool front"; however, you can get water views from rooms on the second floor (to quote reception).
To summarise our disappointment...
Run down and old.
Paint peeling from the wall.
Misrepresentation on the website - they quote 4 star on their website, is only 3 star. Pictures on the website do not represent furniture / views / quality of restaurant food
No toilet paper - rang reception and they told us that we had to pick it up from reception!
Mini golf was full of sand and astro grass was torn - unusable.
Restaurant food was really bad. The gourmet chicken pizza was terrible - and pizzas are not hard to get right! And avoid the "Pide"...which was just a toasted sandwich!
We paid $195 a night. By comparison Rydges was $205 (for a waterfront view) and the Observatory was $200. By comparison Sails should only charge circa $130 a night.
The only redeeming feature is the free wifi which I am using to write this review! I'm not angry... I'm just disappointed!
Don't shop off their website. Don't pay more than $140 on a long weekend. And don't get your hopes up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges on Pelican Bay - Port Macquarie's only absolute waterfront resort. Whether you're travelling for work or play we will endeavour to make your stay relaxed and comfortable. Enjoy the relaxed, tranquil setting and experience the highest level of service and leisure facilities, now with Free Unlimited Wi-Fi. Our Port Macquarie Hotel has 83 fully appointed rooms provide room service and 24 hour reception for our guests.Conveniently located a few minutes from the CBD. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges Hotel provides easy access to the Glasshouse entertainment venue, main beach, shops, restaurants, bars and night spots. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is a unique venue providing professional conference facilities in tranquil surroundings. Every conference, meeting and event is tailored to suit your need. Our Port Macquarie Hotel offers 6 versatile meeting rooms, catering for up to 150 delegates. Our experienced team will personally manage your event from the initial enquiry through to the successful completion. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is half a day's drive north from Sydney and three hours from Newcastle. Port Macquarie is serviced by multiple daily flights from Sydney and Brisbane. Travelling by car from Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway and take the Port Macquarie exit turning right onto Hastings River Drive. Follow this road until you reach a roundabout and turn left into Park Street. Complimentary parking is available in the resort's off-street private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie