“Great friendly Place With Heaps To Do..........”

Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed there for a few days while traveling around NSW over Christmas. This is what we needed great friendly staff fantastic views and plenty for the kids to do canoeing, fishing it was great will definitely stay there again when in Port Macquarie.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Terry G
Michael S, Manager at Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year. Happy travels around the rest of NSW, hope to see you next time.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Sails is set in a perfect location. We had a great room overlooking the marina and got a birds eye view of the New Year's Eve fireworks. 2 things Rydges need to do....please direct housekeeping staff to wait till guests vacate their room before making up rooms for the day, and sort out the gate crashers who come in and use the pool, spa and sauna......Maybe put a security person on pool lookout rather than asking the maintenance man to turf them out!
Amanda who checked us in was very polite and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Michael S, Manager at Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for your kind a positive feedback regarding your stay at Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges. I am glad you enjoyed the hotels location and outlook for Port Macquarie’s New Years Eve celebrations. I have informed the Executive Housekeeper of your comments regarding the time rooms are being serviced, she agrees that this should not be happening and will be discussing it with her staff. Thank you also for your mention regarding pool security, I will look into this personally and see what measures we can use to keep these gate crashers out.
Thank you again for taking the time to supply your feedback regarding your stay. Guest reviews are vital to the hotel as it helps us to see areas which may need improvement. Without your comments I may never have known that these issues existed, now I am aware, I can monitor and ensure changes are being made for our guests best interests.
Thank you again. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges for a future stay.

Kinds Regards

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I holidayed alone, and did not have a car. Was able to walk to the CBD and to Day Spa. Staff were friendly and gave great service. Spinnaker's restaurant introduced a new menu whilst I was there and it was absolutely fabulous, I worked my way through it over five days. The food was divine, as were the pre dinner cocktails.
Nearby was a shopping centre, clubs and other restaurants.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to get a room with a water view, it is worth it. I saw dolphins from my door.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tabbybaggins

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and Spinnakers Restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope to welcome you back to Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We wanted to have a nice stop on our journey from Noosa to Sydney and pay more for the Port Macquarie hotel so we could enjoy the views (night price was 460 AUD, late Dec).

Stunning location, nice pool, lovely view from our room and good fun to take out the hotels two free canoes.

Front desk service was ok.

We booked an executive suite and we were disappointed to have to pay additional for wifi and not even a complimentary bottle of water. Room also a bit dated.

Pleasant, but not amazing.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen P

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your stay at Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges. It was such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel on the Hastings River and the complimentary canoes. Getting out on the river at dawn is absolutely wonderful. I also appreciate your comments regarding the hotel Wi-Fi. With Rydges recently taking over, a full hotel refurb is planned for 2014. With the refurb of accommodation rooms, restaurant and conferencing facilities, the hotel Wi-Fi will be completely upgraded.
Thank you again for expressing your feedback. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Years as well as your time in Noosa and Sydney. I hope to welcome you back to Sails Resort for a future stay.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Room a little small, bed a little hard, but staff couldn't do enough for you, very helpfully. Special mention for Rachelle from the Events dept. extremely helpful. Christmas lunch was nice but perhaps a couple of choices for desert, not everyone likes Christmas pudding. Location is excellent, everything at your figure tips. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay at Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges. I have passed on your special mention to Rachelle who said "it was her pleasure". I will also pass on your feedback regarding the dessert options for Christmas to the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to discuss what they could do next year.
Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you had a nice Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stay here recently, booked a room 6 months ago and ended up with a room over the car park. Very noisy when cars exiting the place after numerous functions over the 2 days and nearby room doors constantly slamming shut when people leave, especially early morning. very disappointing when sails has the opportunity to be a really good place.

definately would not stay here again, way to over priced for what it is.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for supplying the hotel with this feedback regarding your stay. I wish I was able to check your reservation details to find out more about the room you booked, unfortunately I am unable do this via tripadvisor. Please feel free to get in touch with me at the hotel if you wish to discuss further, I would appreciate the opportunity to do so.
Wishing you a safe Christmas and a happy New Year.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was our third year in a row staying here. We love it because we find it relaxing - kids swim in the pool while I can read nearby hubby fishes off the jetty. Shopping centre straight across the road is good too. We arrived late afternoon & checked in. We had requested a room where we had stayed previously however this hadn't been noticed. I asked about changing (which was difficult due to bookings for the next night). The ladies at reception put in a great effort to work it out for us & we ended up close to where we want to be - we were very grateful for their efforts. And the rooms we like are overlooking the playground. We can sit outside our room & the kids can play happily. There's also tennis & a very dodgy old mini golf course (it's still fun though). The rooms are dated but very clean. Kids got a single bed each. Kitchenette was perfect - big fridge & a microwave. Table & chairs too. Parking is free. Overall, this is not a big fancy resort, we didn't notice any difference since the Rydges takeover, but the staff are friendly and we find it really relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blueysmrs

Thank you for taking the time to supply some feedback regarding your recent stay. I always enjoy talking to regular guests and hearing what they have to say. I am so pleased to hear that the hotel staff were able to do everything they could to accommodate you and your family, sorry that your request had not been originally noted. You may be pleased to know that the hotel is planning a full refurb for all rooms from January 2014. I hope, as regular guests, you will be as excited as I to see the planned changes.