We stayed here last year & decided to stay again this year for a couple of nights as a stopover on a trip home. While we didn't have a booking we were able to snag the exact room we wanted (ground floor overlooking the playground - also has a bit of water view as well). Perfect for us because we could kick back & chill out while the kids played. The sole reason for us returning was the fact we knew it would be relaxing - hubby fished from the motel jetty while the kids swam in the pool & I kicked back on the deck in the pool area watching all of them 'do their thing' while enjoying the peacefulness. There's a great shopping centre across the road too. Rooms are aging but clean & huge. Ours had a small kitchenette (microwave, small fridge, cutlery, plates etc). Kids had a single bed each which was great because they'd just spent nine days sharing a double elsewhere. The shower was odd - it only came up to my shoulders & I'm only average height but it didn't worry us much. Lots of hot water which was good. There's a great bbq area too. Heaps to do - fishing, kayaking, tennis (or half court tennis), mini golf, playground, pool & spa. Lots of the facilities are showing their age but they are heaps of fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges on Pelican Bay - Port Macquarie's only absolute waterfront resort. Whether you're travelling for work or play we will endeavour to make your stay relaxed and comfortable. Enjoy the relaxed, tranquil setting and experience the highest level of service and leisure facilities, now with Free Unlimited Wi-Fi. Our Port Macquarie Hotel has 83 fully appointed rooms provide room service and 24 hour reception for our guests.Conveniently located a few minutes from the CBD. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges Hotel provides easy access to the Glasshouse entertainment venue, main beach, shops, restaurants, bars and night spots. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is a unique venue providing professional conference facilities in tranquil surroundings. Every conference, meeting and event is tailored to suit your need. Our Port Macquarie Hotel offers 6 versatile meeting rooms, catering for up to 150 delegates. Our experienced team will personally manage your event from the initial enquiry through to the successful completion. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is half a day's drive north from Sydney and three hours from Newcastle. Port Macquarie is serviced by multiple daily flights from Sydney and Brisbane. Travelling by car from Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway and take the Port Macquarie exit turning right onto Hastings River Drive. Follow this road until you reach a roundabout and turn left into Park Street. Complimentary parking is available in the resort's off-street private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie