“very bland!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

the service was very slow n out of any sort of order - if u can find somewhere else 2 go ----> go! it appears 2 be a 'happy', 'fun' sort of place tho i wouldnt like 2 find out the level of service during a 'rushed' period.

There are newer reviews for Margaret & Sons Pasta Place

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had the "special" - Garlic bread (3 small pieces) Pasta with a choice of sauce, salad and a piece of cake. Sounded pretty good. Pasta was overcooked and mushy. The sauce was like it was out of a can, I had the bolognaise and if it was home made, not sure I would like to eat at their home. Lacked Italian flavor, mostly caned tomato and very watery, no red while flavor or anything special. Salad was a few coped up veggies put on the side with some grated carrot. Dressing was mostly vinegar and quite bitter. The serving size was medium. Not what I would consider a full plate or even the serving size I would make at home.

The cake was a very thinly sliced piece of cake. About 2cm wide at the far edge, a small squirt of whipped cream and a drizzle of choc sauce... Once again, I could have had another of these as well. I think they would get 25 or 30 slices out of the one cake!

Have also had the Pizza there before, the base was very thin and had no flavor, I think the cardboard box with a bit of melted cheese would have been more tasty! Italian restaurants are supposed to be full of spice, aroma, flavor and such. The best thing about this place was the bottle of Bundaberg Ginger Beer!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This business has been running in Port for over 25 years. All pasta is home made. Good value for money and a very popular spot for families. They also have a take away menu. We always enjoy our meals here.

5  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very ordinary meal. Probably the worst Italian restaurant I have been to. Herb bread was a wholemeal roll toasted and sprinkled with dried mixed herbs. Didn't even provide a plate for the bread. Pasta was overcooked and flabby with a sauce that lacked flavour. No fresh parmesan cheese!!! No pepper grinder!!! Ravioli was bland. Service was slow and it was a very quiet night. Overpriced for what is little more than reheated food court food. Should have spend our money elsewhere.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will admit that the pizza's looked good. Unfortunately, we didn't order them. Succulent crumbed chicken breast in sauce of my choice. = spagetti with a couple of oily overcooked snitzels [like the ones from the homebrand freezer section] plonked on it with some gluggy muck that was supposted to be mushroom on top. I ate it cause it was pouring with rain & didn't have any choice. Left feeling like I had eaten tinned spagetti on toast! Will dial for take-away from elsewhere next time.