Rydges Port Macquarie
Mercure Centro Port Macquarie(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
$113
$101
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Macquarie Barracks Motor Inn(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
$84
$127
$127
$123
$84
$82
Agoda.com
Aston Hill Motor Lodge(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
$91
$88
Travelocity
El Paso Motor Inn(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
$103
$100
Travelocity
Mid Pacific Motel(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Hotwire.com
East Port Motor Inn(Port Macquarie)(Great Value!)
$74
Orbitz.com
Mantra The Observatory(Port Macquarie)
$157
$113
Priceline
All reviewszebu barthe riverpolice stationbuffet breakfastroom servicestreet parkingroom was largeoverlooking the waterstandard roomlate checkoutking bedshopping centreport macundercover parkingbalconyviewssydney
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked a room online $245 per night water views with balcony the room was above the pool and right next to a pub pIaying live music till 1am.We asked for another room no water views above a drive in bottle shop and another pub which had a disco till 3am.We left and went to the Mercure nice and quiet

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Colleena48
Rydges_Port, Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi Colleena48,

Apologies for any trouble or inconvenienced caused last Saturday night.

Just to clarify at time of noise complaint it was mid afternoon and yes there were children in the pool at that time and the Beachhouse did have their Saturday afternoon music playing which we indicated would run into the night, but not as late as 3am.
There was a room move offered to the other side of the building but turned down.
In saying that we are terribly sorry we couldn’t offer you a quieter room on the Saturday as I know you wanted to rest.

Apologies again and I hope you are feeling better after the weekend.

Regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I received a gift certificate for a one night stay at Rydges Port Macquarie, I have stayed at Rydges in Sydney and Newcastle over the years so I was looking forward to this stay. I requested if I could 'put' the gift certificate towards a upgrade room which I will pay extra for.
Initially I was told no, but later when I asked again to another person I told ok to a water view room upgrade.
Our problems started with the electronic keys issued... firstly they wouldn't open the underground parking (which we paid extra for). We literally waited for another vehicle and followed them in, then it wouldn't open the room. I left my wife outside the room and went to reception where I was told "these are nothing but trouble". I was issued with new electronic keys and then we "were in".
Our room was "Water View" if you walked to one end of the balcony and looked over the pool past the Restaurant roof. We couldn't see over it! We had to take turns looking at the 'water' as both of us couldn't see together.
Worse was yet to come, because the next morning when my wife went to have a shower there was no hot water. After much fiddling around she opted for a cool bath instead. I in-turn had hot water but only a trickle of water pressure.
Any one of these is irritating, but to get all of this on a one night stay really reflected on our view of the venue.
Admittedly the position is great and the promise was there, but this definitely not to what I expect of Rydges Accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Rydges_Port, Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

HI John H,

Really sorry to read of your discontentment with your last stay.
I looked into your reservation and I can see during the dates you stayed we were actually completing a new door lock and key overhaul. I have notes here mentioning the maintenance manager went up to your room and assisted you when he found out your keys weren’t working.

My apologies for any trouble or inconvenience this caused.
We aim to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable time whilst at Rydges Port Macquarie and I’m genuinely sorry we were unable to fulfil this aspiration for you during your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed 4 nights in a twin room with fantastic river views. Very nice sized rooms, clean enough, with good bathroom. I cannot understand why in a tiny little spot on the map I had to pay for parking. It's not Sydney for gosh sake! The service was poor to average, with staff again a bit too snooty for location! The breakfast buffet was a little light on options and quantity- a bit of a scramble happening which was quite unattractive for the early morning. Very nice coffee. Room service was good, but the usual overpricing. The pool was nice. All around an average sort of stay. Should have been better, given the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view. Brilliant.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LPNSW

Hi LPNSW,

Well firstly on a good note; I’m happy to read you were impressed with the room you stayed in!
Regarding the service and breakfast, my apologies for any trouble caused. We aim to provide a high level of customer service and it’s disappointing to read we may have been lacking in that area. Especially since we’ve recently received some great reviews about our service.

Apologies again; I hope you stay again so we can leave you with a better impression.

Cheers,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

what a delightful hotel. Big rooms, big fluffy towels, the promised 'dreambed' was true - best night away in a long time. The bed is sooo comfortable. Good breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Pool is good, and an added bonus to see dolphins in the river/water.

Will definitely come back - deserves a much better rating than 19!!

Right in town - so walked across street to conference, around corner to dinner

Room Tip: get a room with water side view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Rydges_Port, Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hey illana15,

Wow thanks for the awesome review!! Delighted you had an excellent time here right from the bed to the delicious food!

Lets hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed for several nights in a king suite with verandah and this proved well worthwhile as it was great to sit out in the evening, take in the view of the river and relax with a glass of wine. The room was well set up and very adequate although we were disappointed with the shower which had very restricted water flow. The sign asked guests to restrict showers to three minutes, however this was difficult to achieve.
Some fridge space would have been helpful not just full of mini bar.
The front desk staff were helpful, bar staff, not so.
We ate at “Zebu” and the food was excellent, however when you order a steak with chips in duck fat (4) and mushroom sauce, you would hope for something else on the plate to make a meal ..... not so and not a green in sight!
Too many extras; Internet, parking, breakfast components, dinner components etc., etc.

Room Tip: We stayed on level two, would have liked to be higher due to pool noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rydges_Port, Manager at Rydges Port Macquarie, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi RobertLM,

Pleased you stayed with us and enjoyed your king veranda suite. I have passed your comments on to maintenance regarding the water flow. Apologies for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction this caused you during your stay!
That’s great you enjoyed your steak! We have been receiving good feedback about the quality beef we use. Concerning the lack of greens on your plate; I can appreciate your feedback on that and have mentioned your comments it to our food and beverage department.

I hope you come and see us again soon. Please contact me directly if you would like a reservation in the near future and I will do my best to make sure your next stay is as best as we can make it.

Jessie O’Connor