While I definitely have to point out the excellent location and customer service at this hotel, I unfortunately believe that that it is overpriced at the $149 per night I paid.
1) The curtains to the room did not actually close completely. In hindsight, I should have notified this to the hotel to see if they could put me in another room. But what I didn't think would be a big problem resulted to me waking up at sunrise hours before I wanted to. That said, I am puzzled how curtains can be installed in a 4.5 star hotel that can't perform their basic function in the first place.
2) The "king" bed that was advertised is actually two beds pushed together. While I know that most places do this, the problem here was that there was a clear lump through the middle of the bed. This was exaggerated by having two separate electric blankets underneath (in summer...). Other than this, the bed was comfortable - just as long as you didn't stray away from your side.of the bed
3) While the foyer is nice, the corridors are quite "meh" and did not smell fresh at all.
4) I appreciated the parking spot included in the hotel room rate, although the entry/exit/navigation around the parking garage can be a bight tight. The only other parking around is timed.
5) The size of the room was quite reasonable.
6) I think the bathroom could benefit from brighter lighting (hard to see detail in the mirror while getting ready).
8) It was nice to be able to have windows that could be opened fully.
(I stayed in room 706)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location is the picturesque foreshore precinct filled with theatres, galleries, restaurants, boutiques and bars. With direct access to pristine swimming and surf beaches and only minutes to the amazing hinterland, Rydges Port Macquarie is the ideal destination for your next getaway on the water. Rydges Port Macquarie offers 103 contemporary and spacious rooms overlooking the water or CBD, complemented by 16 fully self-contained two and three bedroom apartments with private balconies. Also home to the award winning Zebu Bar + Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Port Macquarie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Port Macquarie Hotel Port Macquarie
- Rydges Hotel Port Macquarie
- Port Macquarie Rydges Hotel