“Surprised”

Palm Court Motor Inn
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here last weekend as unable to book at the usual hotel we stay at. Bit of a surprise package this one. They had under cover parking with only 5 stairs to our room. The room was executive with balcony and was larger than our 4.5 star usual hotel. TV, bathroom all good sized. My wife liked the skylight in the bathroom she didn't feel cramped in. furniture not new but very good, think the carpet is new. Being a wet weekend I used the squash courts and suana on both days. ( I think it's included if your a guest as we didin't get a bill for it). Internet was fairly fast but not instant again no bill for this. Live music in the restuarant was great (I will review them in that section). Staff were great with any requests. Paid $111 per night and that included a great breakfast in the restuarant. At half the price of our usual hotel we will be regulars.

Room Tip: Level 1 easy to get to the pool, restuarant and carpark. Also waterfront side
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I thought my booking had been completed by the company I work for, so I handed my license and credit card over to the man behind the counter, pretty standard for most motels I stay in.
Apparently they don't do internet bookings, which I only discovered after he charged my credit card. Even though the company credit card was specified on the booking that was sitting in front of me.
I did get a refund eventually, but I think I made the man a bit cranky.
The room was large, had a nice verandah overlooking a canal. The shower could have been a bit cleaner.
Be careful if you have a large car in the car park, my arial scraped the roof of my pathfinder.
Good location, walk to the waterfront, clubs, lot's of eateries, the Glasshouse.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
strahn, Manager at Palm Court Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Our apologies for any misunderstanding in regards to the payment using your companies credit card details on your stay with us. As management advised there was some confusion with the booking. Please note that we receive a lot of internet bookings from various websites and each one has its own different way of making or receiving payments to our motel. We would like to thank you for taking the time to notify us, on areas to improve with our customer service.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The motel is completely acceptable 3-star accommodation and is a short stroll along the water to shops and restaurants. My room was clean and comfortable with good air conditioning. Underground parking was a welcome bonus with easy internal stair access to the rooms. The pool area looked nice, though I didn't avail myself of the facilities. I was just traveling through, and for my overnight stay the motel was perfectly fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I wished I had read the reviews before I booked a room. Musty pillows smelt really old could not get AC to warm room. Frig was hot. Sofa was disgusting left at midnight due to cold and smell. Manfred is quite rude another guest was upset by him and they also did not stay. Still on web site as Best Western. Raine

Room Tip: Check rooms especially bedding before you hand over payment
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raine B
strahn, Manager at Palm Court Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

It is disappointing to hear a negative response from a guest and can only turn this comment into a positive and keep improving our customer service by maintaining our standards. We can however say on our behalf that there was not other guest who left that night.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

By the river and 2 block easy walk to city shops and restaurants. Consider river 'view' pleasant not great. Car parking is undercover, free, adequate and with direct stair access to lobby reception, no lifts. Pleasant greeting on arrival and plenty of local information available. Building is beyond middle age but rooms comfortable, clean and with sufficient space and room for suitcases. Do not think their full rack rate is value for property age but discounted stay about right price. Bed was comfortable and room quiet for sound sleep. Attached restaurant is good quality value as covered in separate review. Overall acceptable 3 star well located for short term stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Unplanned stay here for one night on a driving trip from Sydney to Brisbane. Would not recemmend it for a prolonged stay as there has to be better than this in a tourist town like Port Maquarie. The room was tired and dated as was the bathroom. Loved the sign that said there was a $50 charge if you removed the cover from the sofa!!
Not particularly cheap for the night and based on the warmth (or lack thereof) of the welcome I got at reception, I chose not to eat in.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David M
strahn, Manager at Palm Court Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

We would like to thank our guests for their comments and as a result improve on the area's of concern.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just recently spent 3 nights here - overall very good value for money. Only a few minutes walk to the Town Centre with plenty of options for dining and shopping. Also a restaurant on site if you don't want to go out. There is an excellent Bowling Club Bistro only 5 minutes walk away. I could not fault any of the staff, anything we asked was attended to promptly and with friendliness.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple