“clean modern motel , on the Kempsey road”

Macquarie Barracks Motor Inn
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The motel was modern, clean and well maintained.
If you plan to walk around Port Macquarie, its a little far away and you need to drive the 2 or 3 kilometres to town. Its on the Kempsey road [actually hastings River drive] and there is little around it, for tourists.
But the rooms are nice, the operators are pleasant and very helpful, and if you have a car, you won't care that its a little out of town

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably about equal
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2013

1st time I have stayed here, I was very impressed nice room good size, clean, liked the private outdoor space at the back of my room.
Staff friendly, restaurant food good and again the staff very good full marks guys I will be back
Oh and free wifi !!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The locatipn is a fair way out if toen but that made it quiet. The room was clean, comfortable and stylish and my greeting at reception was friendly. I asked for the wifi password and this was cheerfully provided. Then I tried to log on. The signal strength was too weak in the unit so I tried the back patio. There was enough signal strength there but it took more than five minutes to load a page. I tried going to reception to ask if they had a plug-in system but nobody answered the bell. I ended up using my phone as a mobile hotspot, chewing up the remainder of my small monthly data allowance. When i mentioned it at checkout the following day, the fellow said he was aware of the problem and they were trying to get the motel owners to fix it. I definitely would not have stayed at this motel if I'd known the wifi didn't wor and their advertising should be amended to reflect this. Other than the wifi gripe, I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As a widely travelled city couple we did not expect too much from a town motel. What a surprise it was great from check in onwards. The room was totally adequate and very clean, a huge plus in our eyes. We were not sure whether to try the restaurant being in a motel but due to time decided to. From the moment we walked in until we walked out the girl running the restaurant was so very pleasant and obliging. Thank you so much. The food was as good as a top class restaurant. We just loved it. We will be back when travelling again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jandsgoldcoast
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was perfect for our needs. The rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. I would gladly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Port Macquarie. It is a little out of the city centre but not so much that its a hassle to get too.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious, had A/C, a bar fridge, free WiFi internet and a flat screen TV. The room I occupied was not particularly near the car park, but was very quiet providing very good sleep quality. Prices in the restaurant were reasonable. For the level of comfort provided the value was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Carpark was average, parking outside your room, but a bit tight, not undercover.

Got in late and tired and tried our luck here. Hosts were very hospitable, room was pretty good, clean. Ate dinner at the restaurant which was better than expected. Pub style food, service quick, nice staff, restaurant was almost full. Had free wifi which all motels should have. Free individually wrapped lollies which were a nice touch. Had breakfast in town which was good, except for being hassled by some girls trying to flog time share accomodation. Shame we didn't get to spend more time, quite a nice town from what we saw. If i was going there for a holiday i'd probably consider somewhere a bit nicer, but for a clean bed this motel would be hard to fault.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 42 in Port Macquarie
Aston Hill Motor Lodge
Aston Hill Motor Lodge
#9 of 42 in Port Macquarie

Been to Macquarie Barracks Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Macquarie Barracks Motor Inn

Address: 103 Hastings River Dr, Port Macquarie, New South Wales 2444, Australia (Formerly BEST WESTERN Macquarie Barracks)
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Port Macquarie
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Price Range: $98 - $164 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Macquarie Barracks Motor Inn 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macquarie Barracks Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.