“No wonder why it's in the top rated”
Review of Olives Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Olives Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OLIVES is open Tuesday to Saturday from 6pm for DINNER. Take Away between 5&6pm only Tuesday TO Thursday. A short 10 minute drive south from the Port Macquarie CBD. OLIVES caters for people with special dietary needs with prior notice. Bookings ADVISED BYO alcohol.
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in port for the night as a romantic getaway & decided to look for dinner options. We came across the olive and thankgod we did. The owners run a great restaurant & our main waitress Melissa (I hope that's correct) is fantastic. We will recommend this place to everyone & the food is amazing & value for money. We will be back

1  Thank Cam87m

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Saw the Restaurant on trip adviser and decided to give a try.
One of the best valued restaurants we have been to in a long time. Its aprox 7klm out from town centre heading towards Laurieton near the coles crn ocean rd and emerald st. We started with a Brechetta which was nice.I then had osso bocco, the meet just fell apart and the flavours were very tasty.(the potato was a little firm for my liking) my wife had Veal Masala and it was great to find this dish as tasty as it was,when we have been to other Italian restaurants its not on the menu or its flavourless and bland. We then finished of sharing Tiramisu and what a treat to get a real home made dish with a punch. Olives is byo
and most mains were $25,our total bill $80.For food this good I was over the moon. The owners were so friendly that you felt relaxed from the time you entered until you left. I will miss this place and cant wait to go back next time we are near Port.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was a celebration of our third month here in Port Macquarie. The wife's on a diet - so we were a bit naughty, but it was worth it: eight entrees, eight mains or nine pasta dishes plus desserts and coffee. We shared an antipasto platter - a meal in itself. I had the Vitello Picatto, a veal dish, and the wife had the "duck maryland".
I endorse what one of the earlier customers said, "the staff talk to you like friends not customers."
Also it is a BYO so they're not wrapped up in making profits from wine sales, but great food and great service.
I asked one of the staff if the customers were "repeat offenders". She replied that they were and many brought friends back on their repeat visits. We will too.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Brought hubby for birthday first and then went back the next week with friends to introduce them to this great place. Owner/chef is a terrific, eccentric lady. Veal was beyond terrific. Tiramisu was hard to share! Highly recommended.

1  Thank lisafaery
Reviewed December 4, 2013

What a night!
Olive's is by far one of the best restaurants I've been to in Port Macquarie.
The Service is top notch, friendly and warming. The staff talk to you like friends not customers.
The owner is a character. She makes you feel right at home.

There is quite an extensive menu to chose from. The starters are from $10, mains are all $25 and the pastas are from $17.50.
I had the duck, it was cooked to perfection with a delectable sauce accompanied with fluffy roasted potatoes and roasted veggies. My partner had Chicken Cacciatore, the chicken was well cooked and the sauce was rich and full of flavour.
The meals are of a decent size, you will not leave hungry.

We both had an enjoyable dining experience and will be back.

1  Thank Young_and_Free_85