“Muchas food!”
Review of Toro's Mexican Cantina - CLOSED

Toro's Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An authentic experience of Mexican Cuisine.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great kitschy restaurant which serves some quite good (even if a little inauthentic) mexican food. Service was steady (a bit hard to get the waiter's attention some times). Friendly service and nice tasting food. Soo much food that no one in our party could finish their dish - and we didn't even have entrees!

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The food looked fine but not very tasty. The 3 dips were small. The seats are very hard. As a group we had a good time but I won't be back

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a lovely evening at Toro's starting with not one but two oyster shots, Yummy.....and between three of us we shared five dishes which were very tasty and yummy, we each had a beer and cokes and the bill came in at a surprisingly low amount, good value for money, friendly staff.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

DISGUSTING!! Do not waste money here. The food is terrible. I have been to many Mexican restaurants. They are Mexican owned and operated, which includes the chefs. This ensures a very authentic dining experience. The chefs here are Australian and, obviously, have no clue about Mexican cuisine. There was no seasoning on anything. They didn’t have grilled peppers and onions, which is a staple in Mexican cuisine. The cheese dip was not tradition Mexican queso dip, but rather a glob of grossness. Had I taken it in my hand and thrown it against the wall, it would have just congealed there. The chips are store-bought and not fresh and homemade (another staple of Mexican cuisine). They didn’t have tradition Mexican rice, but rather a terrible saffron rice. The salsa was not fresh and had no flavor. Now, on to the service: Slow and terrible. We were 2 of 8 people in this establishment. So, it was not crowded at all. There were 2 servers/waitresses. It took them so long to even come over to our table. They never came over to check to see if the food was good. They never came over to see if we needed refills on our drinks. We had to flag one of them down. My food came out wrong, as it was not made to my specifications, plus it tasted terrible, so I flagged down a waitress and told her. She looked like a deer in headlights. She had no clue what to say. I let her know that I wasn’t paying for it. She replied that her manager just walked out the door. I repeated that I was not paying for it. So, she called the manager and did take it off the bill. Still, our bill for a drink, a disgusting appetizer, and 1 disgusting meal was still $55. So, now to discuss the ambiance. Even the décor was bad. It was a mix of Mexican, Spanish, and Mayan. It seems as though the owner had no clue how to decorate, and chose not to investigate into Mexican décor, so they just put up every stereotypical item. Overall, not worth the money!! This is by far the worst restaurant that I have ever been to and I will never return!

2  Thank Kiki1232013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very disappointed. Don't mind waiting for a main (it took a really long time) but the end result was truly awful. Had a very nice waiter but will not return. Bland and dry.

1  Thank Flicky70