“Great breakfast experience.”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had read the excellent reviews on this cafe, situated in a lovely location with water views. We were not disappointed. We both had the French toast with cinnamon ricotta, strawberries, toasted macadamias and maple syrup. It was very tasty and the coffee was excellent. Staff were friendly too and the cafe was neat and clean.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My friends and I were in Port Mac for the weekend and I had read the reviews on Milkbar so we'd though we'd give it a go. Due to the torrential downpour there was only minimal seating available, we were happy to wait, as were most people that came by. The staff were happy to accomodate us to wait.

Anyway, the food was to die for. My friends and I had the french toast with cinnamon ricotta, maple, strawberries and macadamia nuts and my hubby had the baked eggs. All were excellent and so well priced! Coffee was good here too and if you love a good smoothie, go the banana and maple, it's divine!

Do yourself a favour and have breakfast here. Even if you have to wait - it's worth it!

1  Thank Munchiii
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We came across this cafe purely by accident on an early morning walk whilst on a holiday weekend. It's located on the ground floor of a newly built luxury holiday apartment building opposite Town Beach and looked straight out of Sydney (in a groovy and stylish way). The menu immediately ignited our breakfast hunger. We were lucky to get a table (it seats only around 20 I'd say) and ordered 4 different dishes - so had the opportunity to see and taste a number of things.
The bircher muesli was healthy, creamy and delicious. The french toast with cinnamon ricotta, fresh strawberries and maple syrup a stand out - not too sweet),. You can always judge a breakfast restaurant by its bread - and Milkbar serves good sourdough and a great coffee - all you really need for a simple breakfast - but it also has some delicious offerings for the more adventurous/hungry. Stand out place for breakfast in Port Macquarie!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This noisy little cafe has an interesting looking breakfast menu and their prices seem quite reasonable. We were quite keen to try the French toast with cinnamon ricotta, strawberries, toasted macadamias and maple syrup or the banana bread with passionfruit curd, toasted coconut and banana. But we couldn't because we were unlucky enough to arrive between 11am and 12am - a twilight zone when the breakfast menu is off and the lunch menu hasn't started.

All that was on offer during this time was a very limited and unimaginative cake selection: plain banana bread, a blueberry muffin, a slice of rocky road or mini chocolate cupcakes.

We ended up just having coffee, which was only average.

1  Thank Riggergirl
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Well above average coffee that undeniably competes with the best in capital cities. Visits 2 years apart didn't change my opinion of the double ristretto they make -which is easily 8+ out of 10. The food is good value and quality even catering for gluten-free consumers with a local bread sourced from Burkhardt's Bakery in Port Macquarie, which I have never tasted better. Good enough service for a cafe that encourages rapid seating turnover, rather than a lazy brunch.