“Great location, but food and service sucks” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fig - CLOSED

Fig
Cuisines: Australian, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Port's premiere place for large booking! Close to the waterfront with indoor & outdoor seating. Cafe, Bistro and Bar. 17 Beers on tap, 3 Ciders on tap. Extensive Cocktail list. Live music. Outdoor playground.
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location, but food and service sucks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife had a barely ok sandwich and a dishwater cappucino. My satay didn't arrive until after my wife had finished...and needed a kitchen enquiry to make it happen. Was about to walk out when it arrived. Should have walked anyway as it certainly wasn't worth waiting for! Facing a great play area and the beach, but there are far better places to eat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

My partner and I visited Port Macquarie for 2 nights and were staying at Flynn's Beach. Our first night in town we couldn't be bothered to get more than easy and close takeaway, but treated ourselves on the second night.

After we had a look online at different menus we decided on 2 places that looked good, however FIG won us over because of the self-named martini, which I was eager to try!

What a great decision! From the time we walked in we were warmly welcomed and had a seat to browse the menu. My partner decided he liked the look of the entree on special and they upgraded it to a main for him for only $10, which was excellent. After ordering our food we headed to the bar where they let my partner taste a couple of the beers on tap to choose which was his favorite. In the meantime I was looking at their rum selection and asked about a brand I had never seen. Not only did they bring the bottle for me to examine more closeley, they even poured a small bit for me to taste! The servers then brought over a second type of rum we were talking about and allowed me to taste that as well - at no cost! I ordered the Fig martini to start with, which was delicious and highly recommended!

When the food was brought over my partner couldn't stop drooling over his pork belly and scallops. I had ordered the lamb dish which was quite good. My only criticism is that it wasn't very hot, as though it had finished about 3 minutes before my partner's dish and had been sitting in the kitchen. Still delicious though!

After dinner I was onto another cocktail. I went to order another of the same martinis, but the server (who had been chatting with me about rum) suggested a rum drink. I left it in his hands and he created a rum old-fashioned, which was sensational! I love it when bartenders do something unique and quirky when you give them free-reign over your drinks! The beers on tap weren't local but were quite tasty.

The house-made desserts were ordered and greatly enjoyed - the chocolate mousse was tasty and my partner can't say enough about how delicious the macadamia & pecan with caramel pie was! We almost got a piece to go after finishing ours!

Overall a very funky atmosphere, amazing service (best so far in Australia - and I've been here 3 years!) and the food would have us going back again on our next visit!

1 Thank Joslyn42
Port Macquarie, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great choice for Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went to the Fig for a friends birthday dinner & drinks, very happy with the food & atmosphere. My partner ordered the steak and said it was one of the best he has had, I ordered the pork belly and absolutely loved it! Will definitely be going back!

Port Macquarie, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife, 3 y.o. & I had lunch at The Fig recently as we're scouting for somewhere for the family to celebrate mum's 80th. The only things we found going for it was the customer service & the close proximity to the playground.

I had the Mediteranean lamb burger (I think that was the name) & my wife had a beef sandwich. The patty in my burger was cold, as was the meat in my wife's sandwich. This meat should have been hot. The toddler's fish & chips were great though. If it was on MKR they would have bombed badly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LocalLad2444
Sydney, Australia
“Stale bread and pricey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok this cafe looks and fell great. However the breakfasts was quite expensive. We sat down ordered our drinks and waiting for a good 15 min on a pineapple juice and a mug of coffee. It wasn't busy and our coffee was clearly sitting on the counter top for 5min waiting for waitress to bring it out. By the time we got the coffee it was cold and wasn't half strength. The breakfast was average and the bread was very stale was not enjoyable at all.