“We'll be back!”

Description: Great Meals At Great Prices
Sydney, Australia
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Last Saturday night (23rd Nov) we had one of the best meals we have ever had in Port Macquarie! My wife's encrusted veal and vegetables were cooked to perfection and my garlic and chilli prawns were delicious, with just the right amount of heat from the chilli. To my sheer delight there was a very generous 12 prawns in the serving! New chef, Adam, was most obliging and accommodated my request to have the prawn dish in a tomato base rather than the creamy white wine sauce indicated in the menu. Service was friendly and the wait indicative of the meals being cooked to order. We will definitely return when next in Port Macquarie!

• Visited November 2013

Newcastle, Australia
“Don't go....just awful!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We took the last few reviews into account unfortunately!

The waitress was WAY too loud and over gracious.....I did say at that point to my husband perhaps we should leave! Two guys who seemed to be involved in the restaurant had their heads in phones at the bar, and took no interest in anything but their phones. At one point one of them did yell out "service" and then banged on something to get the waitresses attention!!.

The music was loud radio music, but that could not be changed as "the last waitress had taken their music"???? Ipod music perhaps?

The food.... brown topped broccoli with a tinge of mould and warm raw carrots and beans. The sauce on the veal tasted like it was out of a jar.

After expressing our displeasure with the meal we were charged full price.

The waitress was trying way too hard, and had obviously no experience with eating or serving in a restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Definately worth trying!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had read mixed reviews about Whoosh, probably from past experiences from the Bayleaf. So thought I'd go and get my own impressions - AND I'm so glad I did. Scrap what you may have heard in the past, Whoosh is definately somewhere I'd recommend to anyone who wants a great feed at a good price.
Relaxing environment with a tropical feel and friendly approachable staff, there was no waiting around for service and service was always served with a smile.
Our meal was served promptly and cooked to perfection, and given my husband and I both had seafood meals, we both can confidently rate our meals up there with the likes of Scampi's.
For a fixed price of under $30 for your meal, a drink and garlic bread, you can't go wrong,especially for very reasonable portioned dinners. The only drawback was the lack of desert, though I soon fixed that with a cocktail, and yet again, no dissappointment. Highly recommend you try their "Whoosh" xx
I for one will be returning again and again and I would urge locals and visitors to atleast give it a go and see for yourselves.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MissyCoo78
Port Macquarie, Australia
“New owners”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went for lunch again today.
Still very quiet at lunchtime but apparently evenings are picking up well according to Colin.
Ask him to make his special cocktail!
Food good but due for a seasonal update, too much of Steve, the previous owner. This will be happening shortly.
I fully agree with PaoloCaldo, Whoosh deserves a better deal.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tony2326
Sydney, Australia
“Don't Understand What When On Here”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We heard about this Restaurant in Sydney from customers from our own establishment, as we had a couple of days off, we decided to go to Port Macq...stayed at the Palm Court Motor Inn....just great....cheap clean and friendly....but when we asked about the restaurant their was conflicting stories..strange stories!!! we booked in anyway for dinner and was bitterly disappointed...that night, Friday Night , the place was empty , with a musician there , and the food was terrible, the servings were small, my wife's fish was well overcooked and dry, my steak , dry and tough.. it was like a piece of cardboard ..the sauce was sour....we questioned one staff member about our meals....and was told that the restaurant had new owners...not explaining the quality of our meals....but returning back to our motel room we met another couple from Tamworth who have been there previously several times and found it was the place to go some weeks earlier and they even made the special trip there themselves for the entertainment and the food.....but also was disappointed with what has gone on....and vowed never to return......its a shame it has turned out this way...my advise is to stay at the motel but avoid the restaurant .......it wasn't a waste of a trip as the following night we went to the Bluewater Rest and it was fantastic.......what a shame ...

• Visited April 2013