“Surfing made fun”

Port Macquarie Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Port Macquaries' original and multi award winning surf school. We have been coaching surfers in the local area since 1981. Come and enjoy the amazing beaches, while learning to surf in a fun and safe environment. All our coaches are passionate surfers and if we can't get you riding, no -one can! Hire boards are also available (Hard and soft) for surfers wanting to get out there and experience the amazing waves of our coastline
Casco, Maine, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Surfing made fun”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My "almost" 10 year old daughter and I took surfing lessons with Port Macquarie Surf School in March. I was pretty nervous but wanted to make this a special thing that we did together while visiting Australia. I have to admit that it was one of the best things I have ever done. PMSS did such a great job making me feel comfortable and actually getting me up on the board, my daughter was amazing and was up on her second try. Flynn's Beach is such a great beach to learn to surf and you can not get any better with the surf coaches at PMSS. They were very professional and did a super job teaching and making the day fantastic.... Give them a try, you will be glad you did.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank 100Tracy87
Amy H, Owner at Port Macquarie Surf School, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Great to hear. We hope that the lessons were amazing and look forward to seeing you out in the water!!!

Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“great staff, excellent activity”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

the staff were great and comprehensive in their lesson, ample time in the water and small groups providing more attention

Visited March 2013
1 Thank lizmcd1960
Thank you for the great review. It makes all the work put in to developing programs and coaching styles even more pleasing when it pays off and people leave the beach happy. We really appreciate the time taken to write this review and hope to see you in the future
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect daytime activity for newbies wanting to go surfing!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Incredible... Good lesson. Fun location, and really enjoyable session. Very good price for the time dedicated, and the group size added to the experience for two newcomers to the sport.

4 Thank Josh B
Shamong, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Surfing experience!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

What a great place to learn how to surf and the people that run the school coudn't be nicer! I think our instructors were Blake and Luke, they were awesome. My son and I both took lessons and received plenty of help learning to get up on our own. It didn't take long before we were both up! After our session, we had a nice lunch up on the beach. A great day overall. A really great family atmosphere!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank billiejean1031
Hobart, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great surfing experience.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

On the last week of the school holidays my two children did an intensive surf program with Port Macquarie Surf School. They loved it. The instructors were fantastic and have a real passion for what they do. My kids can't wait to do it all again. Thank you - it was the perfect way to end the school holidays.

Visited January 2013