“Slightly disappointed but overall happy”

Spinnakers Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 220 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at Sails Resort
“Slightly disappointed but overall happy”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I went there for our wedding anniversary this week. We started with pesto cheese bread (8) which was really yummy & came out fast. For Mains my husband had the steak & guiness pie (28), it was presented well & he said was very nice & surprisingly filling. I had the rib eye steak with bug tail (38), the steak was the best cooked I've in ever had in port Macquarie but I had only one very small piece of bug on top. Kinda of like getting a reef & beef with one prawn! The bug was about the size of a 50 cent coin. Whilst the steak was melting in my mouth had they of served the dish with at least 2 if not 3 small pieces of bug I would have given my experience 10/10 but I was disappointed for $38. Total bill with one beer & soft drink was $85

1 Thank Love4f0od

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
East Maitland, Australia
“Nice view, food a let down”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Whilst staying at this resort we only had one meal here which was breakfast. It was a huge let down. Breakfast wasn't included in the room we had booked so I ordered a hot meal for the cost of $15. At this price i expected a lovely cafe style meal. I was extremely disappointed. The eggs which I asked to be poached came out looking like hard boiled eggs, it ruined the whole meal. The view is beautiful, it's a shame the food didn't match.

1 Thank Amy N
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Overrated”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The food is good and beautiful views.
However, no atmosphere and expensive for what it is.
Would suit people staying there

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tony2326
Sydney
“Great food and wonderful view”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love to cook for myself, so it's just a special occasion when I stay at Sails Resort that I tear myself away from the kitchen which are in some of the suites, and eat at Spinnakers. Obviously it's going to be expensive as all good restaurants are. The food however, is wonderful, perfectly matching the view out over the river and marina.

Visited July 2012
Port Macquarie
“Friendly”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I went to dinner on a Monday night. I started with a margarita. Yummy. All I have to say is that the service was fantastic by Samuel. Unfortunately the food lets the place down. I had the cheese souffle wich was lovely but the cream sauce that came with it was horrible really let down the dish. My partner had the seafood chowder all it tastes like was potato and leak soup. No flavour. For mains I had the tenderloin it was ok I just wish I got what I asked for "rare" I got medium instead. My partner had the salmon wich was cold in the middle needed one minute for it to be mr. The dessert was yummy I had the sticky date. Overall I enjoyed the night with the staff. As I said the food was let down

1 Thank LJB B