“Memorable for all the wrong reasons!”
Review of Sara's Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sara's Kitchen
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was the worst Indian food I have eaten in many years. It was very cheap, and one could BYO wine with no corkage charge, but that did not compensate for the utterly tasteless food.

We tried the pumpkin with black eyed beans (medium size $6.95), which contained more chickpeas than anything else; and the special chicken masala (medium size $11.95), which was indescribable. The vindaloo ($11.95) consisted of dried pieces of beef in a gluggy gravy, the bismati rice was dried out, the naan was a thick slab of goo, and the raita was a watery tasteless concoction.

Dreadful!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We ordered takeaway Indian food at this restaurant as it smelt so good, but the food was very disappointing. I had Lamb Rogan Josh which was hotter than the "mild" advertised, without the usual flavours and spices which would typify a good Rogan Josh. My wife had Butter Chicken which she described as chicken in a sweet tomato sauce. The Naan bread looked and tasted like a packet variety, reheated in a microwave.
All together, it was very disappointing. We will not repeat the experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed right next to Sara's Kitchen and went back twice, it was really fresh and very flavoursome. My favourite was the Butter Chicken and the Garlic Parthra (I think it's spelt like that) they were amazing. I miss the place already, we will be back in Port Mac in two weeks and I am going to stack up on some dishes to bring home.

1  Thank Ingrid101
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Sara's Kitchen is ok for a take away meal, or you can dine in as well.
My personal preference is for the sauces to be a little more creamy and flavoursome, the naan bread is out of the packet.
Overall, does the job for dinner, but had better.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great actual Indian food. This is not the norm overseas where they have a tendency to re-arrange the style to suit local taste in whatever country the Restaurant is based. Lady (Sara ?) was extremely helpful and let us sample the foods as I like mine spicy hot but not mad spicy hot !!

2  Thank frankiemac28