“fab food for us and kids”

Blue Water Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 215 Restaurants in Port Macquarie
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Canberra, Australia
“fab food for us and kids”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

on same site as hotel but great fries and kids meals cheap and tasty! both my kids left clean plates and we did too - while not fancy cuisine but great pub food - steak/ schnitzel and fries - friendly staff and very fast service!

Visited July 2013

Port Macquarie, Australia
“Wedding blisd”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of performing a renewal of wedding vows for a special couple at Blue Waters. The staff were so wonderful and the food served was yummy.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Barbara255329
Sydney, Australia
“Great for the kids”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is another little hidden gem in Port Macquarie, the best part is the kids play area, chuck the kids in there to run a mock, occasionally they come up onto the deck for a drink and a chippy, then they're back into it, whilst the adults can relax and catch up. Well priced, relaxed location. Great spot.

Visited March 2013
Scotland
“Not like it use to be! Bad service, poor quality!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This use to ber our favourite restuarant as it is a short stroll from home, we are VIP members and use to love coming on Tuesday's for the 2 4 1 or Wednesday's for the $12 steaks, or even for a sunday session.. We also have a holiday business here and sent all of our guests to this resturant... But never again!

The first time (out of the last 3 times) I dined with a friend and her partner and we ordered, we watched 3 different tables come in to the restuarant and be seated, 15 minutes later they ordered, yet all 3 tables got there food at least 1 hour before us, I asked them about the order as the lady who took our order mentioned it was her first night so I thought the order was lost, the girls who had been there longer were setting up a table, the were furious with me for disturbing them when I asked and told me just to wait it will arrive. Anyway, when the food arrive ater another 20 minutes, we were all so so tired and over it. Because of this we wanted to go as soon as the food was eaten, we paid the bill but somehow forgot to put $20 in the bill, I think when we split it we forgot the wine was on the bill and I thought it was $62.85 or something but it was $82.85, anyway, we didnt want to leave a tip, NO WAY, so we paid what we thought was exact, I used a $50 voucher I got for my birthday toward the bill. My phone number was on the voucher and my address, and they had my number in the bookings book. Instead of calling me to let me know I paid short, they rudely harrassed a friend of mine who drinks there regulary because he daughter was at my table, He was livid with them for embarressing him in front of his friends and I was livid with them for taking the most unprofessional approach to the situation. NO APOLOGY from the owners either.

The last 3 times (yes we gave them 3 chances) we have ordered and waited well over 1 1/2 hours for our meals - EVERY TIME. Its absooutely ludicrous and when I asked the waitress about how much longer it would be she didn't even stop to apologise, she kept walking past me and said in a very angry voice, ITS COMING!. I couldn't believe the attitude the 3 waitress girls have here, we were too frightened to ask for anything else.. As for the owner who looks like he wears his Pyjama's to work, he is so arrogant and rude when I questioned him about the 2 4 1, I still have the members brochure from when it first opened, it use to be for members and there guests, So I use to bring my Aunt and Uncle here from Sydney, myself and partner had 1 members card, yet the 4 of us would get the 2 4 1, when he said no, its never been that way, and I explained that yes it use to be, he said 'we would never make any money'. Poor excuse if you ask me, we drank a few bottles of wine, and many drinks- obviously - we were waiting close to 2 hours for food. It just use to be a fun place with lovely owners, since the new ones have taken over the quality of the food has really really suffered, the steaks are awful and never cooked properly, you use to be guaranteed a perfect steak, not anymore! I will not reccomend anyone to dine here again. Not to mention when they took over the menu was crap and the prriceed went WAY up... Not a good start, obviously the owneres have a lot to learn about how to please the customers and how a resturant in Port Macquarie should be run. Have they never heard of word of mouth?

If your after - a very long wait for food, rude waitress's, Arrogant Owner, Unprofessional staff, and poor quality food - this is the place for you! The are going downhill, all the locals are talking... They wont be here much longer which is unfortunate as I love the location and use to love this place :(

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Foodlover8571
Sydney, Australia
“Pretty Good After A Bad Experience at Another Restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a bad experience at another restaurant ( Whoosh Cafe and Bar) the night before, we went to this restaurant, and we had a fantastic night with great food, as a restauranteur , we find it hard for someone to match our standards, but we did, just a great night and the food was great, a little hard to find being not from the area but well worth finding ....use GPS....well done Bluewater.....made our trip to Port Macq worth it now.....

• Visited April 2013