“Very Friendly and good value.”
Review of Koala Tree Motel

Koala Tree Motel
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I was very happy with this accommodation. The rooms are clean, the service is excellent and the rates are reasonable. Continental breakfast is included, and the owner even drove us to the airport when we were departing. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 30, 2009

One hour before arriving, I have made my reservation by phone and they didn’t ask me the number of my credit card to secure the reservation.
The young couple was very friendly and welcoming when I arrived and they gave me all the information necessary to have a pleasant stay.
This motel have a swimming pool and situated in a quiet place.
Comfortable and clean nice bedroom with plasma television, free wifi and complimentary breakfast with 5 different cornflakes (one with chocolate – the only place during my trip where I ate chocolate cornflakes), bread, coffee, tea and 3 differents juice.I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Very clean and comfortable that is close to town centre, newly refurnished rooms with free wifi and breakfast included. Shame we didn't notice the pool untill we left as it was at the back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Excellent place to stay in! The room was very clean and it had all the things we needed. The pool was superb and the owners were very friendly. A big plus for the free wireless internet and breakfast! We would definitely recommend this motel to everyone - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed for 4 nights while working in Port Macquarie and was very impressed by the young couple who ran this motel. They were courteous, helpful and welcoming. Everything was clean and crisp, decent sized coffee cups in the room and the continental breakfast made my stay a real bargain. I particularly loved the timber floors, huge plasma TV and free internet, which enable me to see and speak to my family every night via Skype. The only issue was noise from adjoining guests coming going at strange hours of the night, but that was the situation at the time. I highly recommend this motel, it is by far the best value in town. Okay, it's at the beginning of the Oxley highway, but you woudln't know it. It was quiet as and a short drive to the CBD. I'll be staying there again and next time I'll take the kids and try out the pool.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mullumgal
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Koala Tree motel in july for one night and were pleasantly surprised about how awesome the place was the outside of the place looks a little iffy on the outside like not super flash but as soon as we opened our room door i was relieved to see how nice it was (the rooms has newly been renovated). the staff was really really friendly and our room was very clean. Good size room enough for a queen bed leather couch and table and chairs. also in the room it had a plasma tv with the austar movie channels which was really good. we arrived at the motel two hours early and were greeted by a lady and she allowed us to check straight away early into our room which was really kind of her. Another thing which was surprising was how cheap the room service menu and the mini bar menu was. for example you could get ruski's for five dollars when the previous night i was paying 6.50 for them at the local pub! room service menu was vast and once again was very cheap. i was godsmacked with the amount of travelling that we have done through asia and australia i have never found a mini bar this cheap! so finally i would recommened this hotel to couples and also families.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Koala Tree Motel for 2 nights in February 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms are beautiful all newly renovated with hard wooden floors, leather couch, large LCD TV, fully stocked mini fridge (at supermarket prices), and large clean bathroom. There are a variety of services available at the motel including great food served throughout the day and evening, laptop with broadband internet available for $9 per day, dvd player and dvd to rent, washing machine and dryer, and an absolutely gorgeous brand new swimming pool that looks like a litte piece of paradise. The couple who run the hotel couldn't be friendlier or do more for us, we would definitely visit again. Location is great just a 15 minute walk from the centre of Port Macquarie. Great price, great location, great motel - definitely a hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple