“Awesome Beach House for a stop over”
Review of Koala Tree Motel

Koala Tree Motel
Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Awesome Beach House for a stop over”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

4 of us stayed here for 1 night while traveling from Gold Coast to Sydney. We thought we booked a room in the motel, but we got the entire beach house instead. We were really overwhelmed by it because it had like 5 bedrooms, 2 toilets, a kitchen, living room, dinning room and a 2-door garage. There was even a laundry room. This was luxury for our road trip down the East Coast.

However, the area was quiet and because the house was so big for the 4 of us, it was a little bit eerie at night.

The staff was also nice and friendly. The procedure for checking in and out was really quick too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HayleyChoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

It's difficult to pigeonhole this motel in a review. At the negative end the exterior appearance, driveway, etc ably illustrates that this place has been here for a long time. The room itself was more impressive - some clever and thoughtful renovation and the efforts to provide a quality mini bar/snacks was appreciated. The tiled floor could have been cleaner and the little brown ants that came in during the night seemed hungry. Overall our stay was comfortable but at the price we paid we've done better in this town.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have written a review a little after we travelled the Koala Tree motel but I felt I needed to after reading the other poor reviews.

I stayed here a 2 nights whilst visiting the area with my boyfriend, we were taking on a road trip of Aus and stayed in lots of motels, hotels and b and b’s along the way.

The Koala Tree Motel was by far our favourite, so much so that we are booking to stay again in December.

Upon checking in we were greeted by friendly staff, we were offered milk and they were really patient and helped with the key pad to the rooms as I struggle with technology!

The owner’s dogs were really cute and friendly which added to the homely feeling which after 3 weeks travelling was most appreciated.

Our room was a deluxe with Jacuzzi. It was clean and felt really luxurious for a motel, the seating area was spacious and the bathroom was large too with a TV that you could watch from the bath!

We were lucky enough to have breakfast on our own in the mornings and could take full advantage of the toaster and facilities. Unfortunately we weren't able to use the pool as the days we were there poured with rain but it looked gorgeous.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here on our way to Byron Bay, great comfortable rooms, had all we needed for our stop over, would go back again. A little difficult to find entry, missed the turn off, but no drama. The key pad entry to the rooms a great asset too! Rooms were clean and beds were nice and comfortable

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank happycouple121111
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Compact, clean and tidy motel. Floorboards clearly transmit noise, we arrived at 11pm as a family for just the night stay on our journey north, was completely shocked to get a knock on the door at 6.30 am from the manager telling us to stop our children from moving about in the room as it was noisy for others.
Having said that, its an appropriate point to stop through as I think its well run otherwise (even if the manager is inexperienced from a young family point of view)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nudels
JamesDanton, General Manager at Koala Tree Motel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Not to put too fine a point on things, but I have been managing this motel for approximately fifteen years. I have had an Overnighter class room right next to my bedroom for all of that time and it has been occupied by small families with children. I have NEVER been witness to the kind of noise that was coming out of the room at that hour.

As this guest's review corroborates, at just after 6.00am one morning I was woken up by cacophonous, concussive thuds, bangs, bashes and thumps loud enough to rattle the framed posters on my wall. Thinking it would stop I tried to sleep through. Not a chance. This kept going for about half an hour before I could stand it no more and pulled myself out of bed to ask the guests if they would kindly keep the noise down. I was told by this guest that he has children and that this is when they get up in a way that suggested I should just put up with their din at that most inappropriate hour. I left it at that, knowing I was starting my day early as his displayed indifference to others was overwhelming and with that the guest went back to his making no effort to calm his children from their activities of jumping, running and screaming.

Luckily, there wasn't a guest in the adjoining room otherwise I would have been making apologies on his behalf. And you were shocked that someone would dare ask you to curb your raucous children? Rude, just rude and when asked to keep the noise down to be told that you have children and that that was the time they got up? Outstandingly arrogant, sir.

I don't usually have any issues with children. They usually enjoy their stay, play with my dogs and cats and don't disturb others. Their parents are usually also well aware that there are others around who want to enjoy the peace and quiet that we have here and act like responsible parents. Usually.
Sippy Downs, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a funeral to attend and needed to book somewhere on short notice. The manager's telephone manner was lovely and he was very helpful. We got in a little late and after checking in, went to park the car. We had a few dramas finding a car park relatively close to the room. I'm not one to leave no space for others but I had a computer to take into the room and it was raining. I wound up parking next to reception. The room was nice - clean and tidy. Couldn't find the TV remote but that wasn't really an issue. All in all, the stay was nice and I would recommend it as a good budget motel.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the units close to reception (No 1). It was fine.