“Best Experience”

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We come from Melbourne and are surrounded by some of the worlds best zoos. We visited Billabong Wildlife Park with our 10 year old daughter not having high expectations only to be proven wrong. We had a brilliant day getting up close and personal with the animals, touching a snake for the first time, and the highlight being getting so close to Shrek the crocodile in the underwater viewing tank. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jodi M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ourimbah NSW
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very interesting and imformative of our native animals,a day well spent.Plenty of seating all round.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wayne M
New Plymouth, New Zealand
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were a little lost upon entering the zoo. It took me a minute to figure out just where to go. I managed to walk right past the koala room without knowing it and that was the biggest reason that I went.

After wandering around lost for a little while with a cup of cracked corn in my hand, I found myself face to face with a Wallaby wanting some dinner. She reached up ever so gently and lowered my cup to her level so she could eat. I never thought that I would hand feed a Wallaby.

The Wallaby experience aside, the park also features two snow leopards. I've never seen these amazing cats before in person. They are behind glass and can approach the window just on the other side of the visitors for an up close, personal look.

The favorite stop for the day had to be visiting Shrek, the enormous crocodile. We watched the Shrek show where Shrek chose not to attend himself but the commentary was interesting, informative and memorable. It will be a long time before I forget Shrek

Visited September 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A fun day out for all!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I felt like a giddy kid again (even though I am nearly 30) when I came here. It was my first trip to Australia, and this place ticked all the boxes for my cliche tourist photo opportunities!

Beyond the photos, I had a great time with the family listening in on informative talks with the staff and watching the presentations/shows they put on.

A definite must do for those who want to get up close to either koalas or kangaroos!

Tip: You can rush through and be in and out in a couple hours, but put aside a bit more time if you want to see some of the shows as they are only at set times and you can plan to have a break or meal in the on site cafe in between.

Don't leave without feeding the Roos!!

Visited April 2013
Ringwood, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great experience for International visitors”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I escorted a Rotary exchange student so that she may see koalas close up. I had been to Billabong with previous visitors and knew that the koala presentation is the best I have seen. The koalas are housed where visitors can be close to get a terrific view as well as great photo opportunities. To commentary is informative and staff friendly to ensure that everyone has a positive experience.
Feeding the kangaroos and wallabies is another special experience especially as quite a few were carrying joeys.
My guest has a gluten free diet and the cafe staff went out f their way to accommodate her. The gift shop has a large variety of souvenirs at very reasonable prices.

Visited August 2013