“Very nice Buffet Breakfast”
Review of The Guest House Restaurant - CLOSED

The Guest House Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dining at The Guest House Restaurant will leave you in no doubt as to why it is one of the Hunter's favourite restaurants for locals and visitors. Authentic Italian influences in the restaurant blend with a fresh, seasonal menu, complemented by a wine list boasting the best of the Hunter Valley. Enjoy the picturesque valley views with a romantic table for two on the outdoor terrace, or by the fireside in winter. Still a favoured meeting place for local winemakers and produce heroes, the atmosphere and friendly service creates an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

You get a wide range of choices from the buffet breakfast and what is very special is that do a homemade bread and butter pudding and the jams and pastries that they put on display are all homemade. Ask for a seat outside on the veranda - if it’s not too hot and there is a chance you will see the kangaroos

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were at Peppers for dinner on Xmas eve. The meal was very good and appealing to the eye. Not the best food we have had in the Hunter Valley, but well worth the trip to the venue. Serving staff was delightful.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I searched the web and found this restaurant. I'm not going to lie because it was fantastic overall. The decor suited the vibe and it was cool and modern. Our waiter really knew what they were talking about especially when it came to knowing what wines to match with what meals. Very happy we went with their suggestion of the Semillon. I had the Beef Short rib and it was exquisite! My partner had the Crispy Duck which was also excellent.

Our compliments to the chef who made our night with the Chocolate Brûlée which was absolutely to die for!

Will be back for sure!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Having our first time away from the kids after 9 year, my husband had plans to sweep me off my feet by bringing me to the Hunter Valley region for 3 days. On our first night for dinner we arrived at the Pepper's property which the manicured gardens were just breathtaking. As we entered the lobby, the smell of the fire place and antique timber and finishing were to die for. I felt I was in a mini castle. When we arrived at the restaurant was just beautiful. I was already in love with my surroundings when we got greeted by a lovely staff member who just focused on me all night. I could not be more happy. The whole scenario already made me fall in love with my husband all over again. When the meals arrived, they were upsolutely Devine. I could not fault the experience. From the surroundings to the service and then the food. To top the perfection of service, the Head Chef visit our table to introduce her self making sure the meal were to our liking. Wow, what a night a Chez Pok restaurant. Thank you to both the floor and kitchen staff. You made my night unforgettable.

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Relaxed, lovely food in a romantic atmosphere with nice pre and post amuses.