“A short walk and very impressed”
Review of Oishii

Oishii
Ranked #25 of 78 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Staying at the Mercure Resort just across the road and wanted dinner after a long trip before going to the Christmas Lights at the Hunter Gardens. Ordered 3 entrees and 2 mains for three of us and all good. Duck was very good. A bit pricy but that seems to be the way the Hunter is. We sat outside which was great with the view but a fair bit of rubbish was left lying around our table which detracted a bit from the setting.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having read the good reviews on here we decided it would be a safe bet. How wrong we were. We had rung and booked a table but it wasn't ready despite the fact there were plenty of empty tables. The starter was fine if a little tough but they then only brought out my main course which was poor quality meat and not very well cooked as well as being Luke warm. By the time my Oh's meal came out which they had clearly forgotten I had finished my meal. Very poor service and inferior food.

1  Thank Jo C
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We would definitely eat here again but less than impressed with the service. We dined for dinner outside and had to request a menu three times from wait staff. After waiting 15mins we went to the front counter and got it ourself. We also asked for water 4 times each a different wait staff and no luck. We approached the counter again and got it ourself. Not acceptable service at all.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

One of the most authentic Asian restaurants I have been to in Australia with regard to taste- not decor. The atmosphere leaves a little to be desired because it has a warehouse kind of feeling, but the food and the service were excellent.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Yummo! The Green Curry Duck is scrumptious. I don't think I'll ever order anything else from Oishii. If you like a curry, try this one. It is quite warm, though. If you don't like it too hot, they may be able to adjust it. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Kerry I