“Fantastic Thai”

Oishii
Ranked #19 of 77 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great food and service, the Duck Penang is a must have!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Dined here for Sunday lunch on a long weekend. Crowded with takeaway queue and noisy at times but the food and the location were most enjoyable. Price was what you would expect for the time and place. Biggest plus - the food, Biggest minus - the crowd

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Came here twice. There isn't any asian restaurant around so a good place after few days of steak and wine.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I came to get takeaway from here on my first night in Pokolbin after many recommendations from friends. The food came out much quicker than I expected. I ordered massaman beef curry, pad thai and california rolls. The california rolls were nice but we were absolutely bowled over by the massaman beef curry and pad thai - probably the best I've ever had!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Located in the Tempus Two estate hubby, toddler & I went for dinner on a Thursday night. We didn't have a reservation, but that was ok, they weren't busy (only one other table at the time) so we were happily seated straight away. Throughout the evening the restaurant maybe got to half capacity, if that, and it seemed most diners were walk-ins (no reservations). As soon as we were seated I asked the waitress to bring an order of Gyoza for the toddler while hubby & I looked over the menu, this came out within 5 minutes and when I asked for additional dipping sauce (toddler loves dipping) again this was no problem. Hubby and I ordered the Roast Duck Capaccio to share, tasty but not sharing size! For mains I had the Chicken Teppan-Yaki & hubby had Seafood Teppan-Yaki, both came with vegetables and rice, they were delicious.

Overall we had a great experience, staff were friendly & helpful, food was tasty, and a messy, noisy toddler was welcome. My only negatives were that they could've had a larger selection on Japanese meals, and the ambience was too modern and lacked the cosy atmosphere that Japanese restaurants usually have.