“Slack”

Oishii
Ranked #24 of 78 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have to say when I get good service I mention it , when I get bad service I mention it , however in this case I got neither !!! I am from Melbourne and we experienced the best Restraunts at the hunter valley and up to Melbourne standards if not better , but this place was a utter joke !!! There lunch hours are from 11 to 3 and dinner from 5 to 10 or 11 they say . We got there at 4.55 sitting outside waiting for the place to open. They finally opened at 5.25 . As I approached the girl as she opened the doors 25 min late , she tells me sorry we are not open yet !! What a joke !! She tells me we are not opening rite now come back in Thirty min because the chef is running late !!however she said we can serve you sushi that they had from there previous lunch as it's not fresh in my books . She did not even apalogise to us wile we waited . They maybe the only Jap Thai Restraunt around the valley I rather never go there again and go to cessnock at the local Thai and get served a good meal and half the price

Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's a big place, high ceilings and is styled very much like a cafe / canteen (hard seating, no fuss on the tables) but once you've seated and start to look around, you'll notice so many enticing dishes being delivered to tables that making your choice will be a tough one.

The food is really delicious and not much (if any) of it comes from premixed catering products (sauces etc.). It always is such a disappointment when eating out to find you're eating something that can be bought at your local supermarket - Oishii isn't like that at all.

Finally, make sure you book. It is very popular, good food at a reasonable price always is.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Nothing special. Pleasent food, but lacking atmosphere.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I live locally and often get my takeaway from here. I also dine in. Their food is so fresh and always very tasty. It's a bit pricy but then being in the heart of the hunter you can't avoid that. The service is great!

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Went for a weekend trip to Hunter as everything closes early there and we were staying at Pokolbin we went to this Thai Japanese restaurant. It was packed and no one took our order for over 20 min. It took ages for food to come out. We had our 5 year old daughter with us. Food came out cold and the taste was terrible. In Sydney we can get delicious Thai even in the food court, but for a high class restaurant it was just horrible. They forgot about our daughter’s dinner and my dinner was returned as the chicken was all fat and could not be eaten at all. We left without dinner. When we went back to the hotel we ordered Pizza. Absolutely terrible. DON’T GO THERE!!!

1  Thank aniastar2003