“Will definitely want to make Golden Door a yearly ritual if not more!”

Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney, Australia
“Will definitely want to make Golden Door a yearly ritual if not more!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Golden Door was such an amazing experience... i wasn't sure what to expect and was a bit anxious being on my own for a first timer at Golden Door.

But from the get go... it was such a rewarding experience! Just the openness and the energy everyone radiated across every aspect of the program was just so encouraging! Jaye was a great Program Lead and all the support from the rest of the team was just excellent! The mix of activities where so well balanced throughout the days... i pretty much did the most I could as it was just great being in the company of people who are all about just having a bit of fun! Team sports and the dancing activities were so much fun!

The friendships formed through my stay is also beyond what I imagined, truly a valuable experience...

The Food was amazing... i didn't even crave the usual things i go for daily e.g. coffee, coke... etc. Happy with majority being vegetarian, super healthy but so scrumptuous! I'm still maintaining a relatively healthy eating habit and incorporating exercise weekly after leaving Golden Door ...have really begun to appreciate how much feeling great each day changes how you deal with things day to day!

The rooms were superb as well and the views of Hunter is just amazing... waking up for Tai Chi each day was such a treat to see the day break as we close out of the session!

It was well worth it and I would really love to make this a yearly ritual from here on...

Thank you to Golden Door and the team!!

Karen Diuco

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Karen D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My five days at Golden Door Elysia was more than I could have hoped for. Rejuvenating, relaxing, inspiring and so much more. From the location(breathtaking views), accommodation (spacious, comfortable and well appointed villas), and food(nourishing and delicious), to the facilities (top class), activities (varied and fun), and staff(friendly and attentive), there is virtually nothing to criticise. I thoroughly recommend a stay at the Golden Door to anyone needing a catalyst for more healthy living, or simply to unwind.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia F
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great environment for a bit of fresh air, early nights & healthy food whilst abstaining from a beverage or two!
I hope to return again next year.
I think this says it all for a health retreat!
The staff were very professional and enthusiastic 24/7, I really don,t know how they keep up such momentum.
Easy place to go as a solo guest as most other people were also on their own when I visited.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Eckles104
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Thankyou Golden Door
My 5 day stay was a wonderful life changing experience...it was great to spend time reflecting and focusing on oneself...I've been inspired...will be back...many stays to come...
Beautiful people...beautiful staff

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a truly amazing place and as a guest you can take as much or as little from the programme as you wish. The staff are dedicated and delightful, accommodation super comfortable with stunning views and the food plentiful and delicious. I cannot fecommend Golden Door enough...I have travelled from UK and started my Aus holuday here now four times. Cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Close to wellness centre helps but all rooms have wonderful views if the Valley and (vineyards)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This visit was my first stay at the Golden door and it wont be my last. The staff are amazing. They are friendly, motivating and very knowledgeable about all aspects of wellness. I have a few strange movement issues which the staff were fantastic about and helped me cater the exercise to what I needed to do and were understanding of my situation. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am hoping to return next year.

If you are going to do anything for yourself this year, Go and replenish your batteries at the golden door, you will never look back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My friends and I went to the Spa last weekend and had an amazing time. We all had treatments which were outstanding. My massage was with Cara, however, I found out the day before I was pregant so Cara tailored a head massage especially for me (I was due to have a deep tissue massage). She was brilliant about changing the treatment at the very last minute and I was very happy with the head massage that she gave me.

The views were amazing over the vineyards and all the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

My friends and I will definately be going back and would highly reccommend the Golden Door to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
#10 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!