“Ah Bliss!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Melbourne
“Ah Bliss!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I shared five wonderful days at Golden Door Health Retreat. I arrived feeling tired and run down. The two bedroom luxury villa was a wonderful haven. The facilities were excellent, particularly the heated pool. The 'Customer Care' from the upbeat, genuine staff was superb. Mel and 'little Matt' were particularly inspiring. Our meals were healthy and flavoursome with thoughtful 'gluten free' options. We participated in Tai Chi, deep water running, stretching, Pilates, fitball, meditation and the informative and entertaining lectures. We indulged in several spa treatments, the Watsu pool experience was amazing. We departed refreshed and re-energised. Thank you Golden Door, we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank WineandRoses09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just spent a beautiful 5 nights in this very very special place. I would highly recommend this retreat to anyone who wants to recharge their batteries, take some time out and just be. Food was great, rooms are lovely, staff are amazing - can't wait to go ago for the 5th time.. great value and a beautiful spa - book your treatments before you get there though - enjoy.

Room Tip: They are all great - second floor better I think.
Albury
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Having recently got back from seven days at the Golden Door, I can't believe how good I feel. The Golden Door Elysia really is a very special place. I was just planning to go there for some time out and R&R, but got so much more. I learnt so much about getting more balance into my life through better nutrition, exercise, relaxation and taking care of myself. It has really transformed my thinking and I have already adjusted a lot of the ways I do things. I was so impressed by the friendliness, support and expertise of all the staff at the Golden Door. The setting was spectacular and I loved the luxury of our rooms and the day spa. The food was fantastic too. I look forward to recommending this experience to a lot of my family and friends. I absolutely loved this trip and look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne,Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have just spent 12 fantastic days at Golden Door Elysia. This is my third time here and it just gets better. The staff are amazing and caring and can't do enough for you. The food is to die for and the spa treatments are heaven! I enjoyed the exercise regime and loved the fact that there was so many activities to choose from. I feel invigorated and I totally recommend this experience to anyone! Thank-you to Mel & the rest of the wellness team for providing me with lifelong strategies for a happier and healthier life.....
Christine

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you're running on "empty" this is the place to be to recharged - Mind, Body & Soul! Having just returned from a 7 day stay, I do feel wonderful and would recommend the Golden Door experience to everyone. The views and facilities are great, but it is their staff that are outstanding - you feel so cared for!
The only decision you need to make each day is, what would you like to do? - some people do everything and others do almost nothing - it doesn't matter and there is no pressure - just do what you feel like.
One of my favourite things was coming back from dinner to see my bed turned down and a candle lit in the bathroom - just beckoning me to draw a bath before bed - Bliss!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

True! They actually asked me if I'd had Botox because my forehead wrinkles disappeared over 5 days at Golden Door - will try to keep the bliss going and wrinkles away for a while despite the HSC daughter syndrome. I love this place. Second experience here and it is just as wonderful as ever. I love that it's Mind, Body, Spirit - I came away feeling much more positive, balanced and healthier. Combination of healthy food - you don't go hungry - great exercise options, fantastic information and practical tips on stress management. The accommodation is lovely, views are fantastic and the staff are passionate about what they do and it shows. I know it sounds hackneyed, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself - life changing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the mountain view side - the balconies get sun all day.
1 Thank Jennie J
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having recently experienced the Golden Door I am feeling great, less stressed and ready to move forward.
The staff were amazingly helpful & friendly I couldn't speak highly enough !
The food was fresh and tasty and you will not go hungry as it is communicated quite well that if you would like another serving or miss a meal time you only have to ask staff and they will look after you.
This is not a resort it IS a health retreat. However the rooms are beautiful and comfortable and you can choose what activities you wish to be involved in, or not at all. You are in total control of your stay - if you want to just relax and get healthy then that is fine, but if you want to add fitness the choices are of abundance.
I met many interstate guests and overseas, which exemplifies the calibre of this retreat. Many of these guests were return guest, as I will be.
Go to Hamilton Island if you want a relaxing holiday as one guest has mentioned. Go to the Golden Door if you want to recharge, get healthy and be pampered. Attend the no charge seminars to learn about detoxing, meditation, mens/womens' health.... the list goes on.
My advice - to get the most of out of your experience, 3 nights is the 'minimum' if your are serious about getting the full benefit! Re-educating oneself on caring for your body through what you eat, exercise and allowing your self to have life work balance is the gentle reminder that you learn from your sat at The Golden Door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 2320Jools
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
#10 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!