“Energise and centre yourself”

Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

If you need to get away from the pressures of your life then this is the perfect place to de stress and centre yourself. Amazing food, spa, views (including kangaroos), facilities and staff. I came away feeling energised for the year ahead. I had always visited health retreats in Queensland and had neglected to consider the Hunter Valley. But I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia

Reviewed December 26, 2012

What an amazing place. Kangaroos on the morning walks, breathtaking views from the room, top class food and a five star spa. A great place to unplug from the pressures of the world, get healthy, relax and unwind. I have been to many health retreats and this one is amazing. It is purpose built and would have to be the most luxurious by far. I had always gone to the Queensland health retreats, however I will definitely be coming back here.

Room Tip: They are all top class with relaxing bath, clothes dryer, kitchenette, lounge room with amazing view...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you are wanting to improve health, unwind, distress, refocus...this place is a great Nsw destination for just that. Staff are friendly and knowledgable. Facilities are smart and clean and housekeeping noticeably on the ball. The healthy food was delicious and the range of activities was good. I ended my stay certainly revitalised.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have recently returned from my third weekend trip to the Golden Door Elysia for 2012. I am always amazed how quickly I switch into total relaxation mode. The only dilemma is how to fit in everything I want to do from the fitness and wellness program, as well as the amazing spa treatments and just relaxing by the pool or in the villa which are so peaceful. That's why I keep going back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ally661107
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This has to be one of Australia's best kept secrets! Elysia is breathtakingly beautiful but the best thing about the place is the staff and the sense of wellbeing they engender during your stay. Sure, you won't be getting unhealthy food here and you have to banish the coffee and alcohol, but you definitely feel better for it. By the end of the week, I wanted to stay longer.
The activities like yoga, meditation and tai chi were fantastic but the spa treatments were even better. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to "cram in" some relaxation time and kickstart a healthier way of life.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Once I pushed opened the lovely big Golden Door I knew I was in the right place for one of the most amazing weeks of my life !

A week later and I was not wrong. I found Gold everywhere in the form of the professional yet friendly and relaxed staff (with a nice amount of fun), the highly motivational Wellness and PE team - you are all Gold ! The consult/ therapy team - also Gold with a special wow to Sonya ! Gorgeous location. Spa treatments also sensational. Food was superb (even for a carnivore), as where all the activities and seminars.

The most important piece of Gold I found again this week though was ME and I have the total Golden Door experience to thank for that.

If you are reading this, don't hesitate in booking.
The Golden Door is a must have investment in your life.

1  Thank scott w
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My Best Friend recommended I come here when I told her that my 3yr relationship had ended (not by me). I couldn't breath & I had been working 90 - 100 hours weeks which componded to my emotional state. It was the best thing I could have ever given myself and would have cancelled my trip to Europe to stay another week had I known I would have enjoyed it so much. All of the people that worked there from the Resturant, Spa, Wellbeing & Training Staff are fantastic. Food is fabulous, everyone on staff truly love their job, more then I have ever seen before. To be able to exercise as much (that was me) or as little as you want, to seek guidence through - Life Balance &/or Hypnotherepy (me), no matter what you want it has it for you. The Trainers are hard, fair & compassionate, they get to know each of you and work with you to acheive your goals. Whether it is Tai Chi, Water Running, Walking, Gym Intervals, Yoga, Meditation,etc, or Sessions on Metabolism, Nutrition, Building Resistance (stress related), Movement Matters, etc, everything is a building block to help you deal with what goes on back in your own world. I came back with some great skills to help me cope, as well as some great friendships. I intend to go back each year to continue feeling the harmony within I'm currently experiencing thanks to the wonderful Wellbeing Staff & Trainers. If you have an allergy &/or dietary needs, please make sure you advise the staff at the time of your Wellbeing Consultation it will only enhence your experience. The facilities are fantastic & the rooms are large enough not to be in each other pockets if you are sharing, it going solo like me, not too large that you feel alone. Sorry I just cannot speak highly enough of a week that truly has saved my mental & emotional being. My recommendation is if you are looking for a 3 day break of relaxation I would go from Friday as the weekend is a little less hectic, if not I would go for 3 days during the week. Whatever you pick I'm sure you will enjoy. It is worth every penny.

1  Thank Maree M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#12 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!