Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
$366
The Convent Hunter Valley Hotel(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$211
Hunter Valley Resort(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$120
$83
  • Pool
Harrigan's Irish Pub & Accommodation(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$111
$93
Pokolbin Village(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$87
$84
Agoda.com
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$129
Agoda.com
Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort(Pokolbin)
$249
$231
  • Pool
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$132
$127
Estate Tuscany(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
$102
$77
  • Breakfast included
The Guest House(Pokolbin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstai chideep water runninglife changingamazing weekstretch classeskick startfitness levelsboot campexercise classesdeep tissue massagemorning and afternoon teathe real worldswedish massageleft feelingde stressfellow guestshunter valley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2012

What a brilliant weekend in the Hunter Valley from the luxurious accommodation to the welcoming staff and fantastic facilities. After only 2 nights and 3 days I couldn't believe the difference in how good I felt! For the average busy Sydneysider this is the perfect weekend away to feel like you've had a much longer holiday/ I would love to head back for longer next time....Scott at the health spa does a fantastic deep tissue massage - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Good idea to go for the north facing rooms in winter if you want privacy to enjoy the verandahs in the warm winter sun. Otherwise the main guesthouse has a lovely deck.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have just had my second visit to the Golden Door in 6 months and it continues to live up to my fond memories and high expectations. Not only is it a wonderful place for a visit but the benefits last for quite a while. In an ideal world I would be back every few months for a recharge!! My two girlfriends and I stayed in the 3 bedroom suite and it is massive. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ally661107
Reviewed September 5, 2012

THank you to you, Mel, Matt, Matt, for an unforgettable 5 day program. Also thanks to Jen for giving me some good advice. I have also avoided all caffeine, alcohol and sugar, and loving cooking from the GD cook book.
It was certainly a wake up call for me having me health assessment with Matt, I took it all in, and realised I could be causing health issues unnecessarily.

My mum who recommended I visit, and friends can see a huge difference in my well being and attitude. The girls at work thought i was glowing and a friend, said did you get a face lift during your week away!

with all this, have lost 2 kgs since my weigh in at GD.:)

I have encouraged friends and family to visit and I will certainly try and visit again next year.
It was the best holiday I could have taken. Big Thank you once again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have never in my life spent time in a health retreat, to say the Golden Door exceeded all of my expectations would still be an understatment! From the amazing organic food to the staff who would continue to go above and beyond each day to our 5 star accomodation, it was spectacular! I stayed at the golden door with my mother and sister for 3 nights/4 days, my only regret is that we didn't do a longer stay but we still got SO MUCH out of these days. My mother in particular was quite nervous about not being fit enough to go but it was so nice to see her made to feel really comfortable and then join in the activities that were out of her comfort zone like deep water running, tai chi and then also attending all the seminars together. My sister and I loved the mountain bike rides, bush walks and my favourite was my swim stroke correction class with Mel (thank you!) I am now getting back into the pool after nearly 20 years and will hopefully finish a triathlon next year in March!

Our accomodation was so beautiful, amazing beds and pillows we had a 3 bedroom villa (each room had its own amazing HUGE bathroom with a beautiful bathtub), our beds were turned down each night and just an extra touch of lighting a scented oil burner for us made it such a pleasure to come home from dinner to total bliss.

A huge thank you to all the staff especially Sally, Matt & Mel oh and the amazing chefs and cooks whom we didn't see much but boy did we get to enjoy your handy work!

The Golden Door has shown me how organic healthy food can taste amazing and most importantly how easy it can be to cook. I am taking so much of what I learnt and applying it not only to my personal life but also into my business and hopefully in turn helping some of our staff see the same thing!

I'll be back without a doubt!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the 3 bedroom villa for those travelling with family or friends, amazing views, huge living space and the bathrooms were amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My visit to the golden door spa in the hunter valley was absolutely amazing. My biggest regret was that I did not plan ahead and arrange my day to have more time to enjoy the facilities amenities.

Firstly the massage was excellent. I mentioned that I had sore feet and ankles from excessive wearing of heels and the masseuse made me feel as if I was floating by the end. She made muscles feel better that I didn't even realise were sore.

Following I had a pedicure and it was so lovely after the massage that I managed to actually doze off. The therapist was so considerate that she didn't disturb me for a second and I woke up with prefectly manicured toes that were dry by the time my hour finished. I also did not feel rushed in any way to leave just because my treatments had ended.

As mentioned, I wish I had more time to enjoy the pool and the spa but other than that no complaints. Looking forward to trying the mirage one later this year

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo