“fabulous service and good food”

Esca Bimbadgen Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Esca Bimbadgen is situated high on a hill in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country. Dedicated to the art of food & wine matching, Esca's modern Australian cuisine, fresh local and home grown produce and spectacular views make for a truly memorable dining experience. Esca's contemporary restaurant design features large glass windows and an open balcony allowing guests stunning wine country views over the Bimbadgen vineyards to the Brokenback ranges. Esca Bimbadgen is a regional restaurant, that uses produce sourced locally or grown on the Estate including lemons, figs and fresh herbs.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I heard about Esca from one of my friend. I had a chance to stay at hunter valley with my mum and family, and I just went to Esca for lunch with out any booking. They were very kind and we were very lucky to have seat outside the balcony even if it was busy Sunday.
We ordered several dishes (including fish, meat and poultry) and couple of glasses of wines. We shared them and all the families loved them form my three year old daughter to my seventy year mum. The price was very reasonable as well. I remembered it cost around AUD 140 for 6 family members including wines and drinks. The view was fabulous as well. We loved the restaurant and we will go again. Thank you "Esca"...

Reviewed November 1, 2013

It is a very nice sunny day and the view over the green is spectacular. The 5 course set menu at AUS 90 is reasonable. Even with the wine pairing is only AUS 120. The restaurant is situated on top of the winery and you have to walk over a ramp into the restaurant. The panoramic view on the hillside and the green need no more description. The service by all the waiter and waitress is just excellent. I will definitely visit again if I am in the neighborhood.

1  Thank HKSHB
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times over the past couple of years and have always found the food and service to be of a consistently good standard. The view is pretty good as well.

On this occasion we dined here on a Friday evening and the restaurant was not busy.

We had Miso curd salmon and sugar cured pork belly for starters and the blue eyed cod and the braised lamb shoulder for mains. All of the dishes as well as the amuse-bouche were very tasty.

Good wine list including local and international wines.

Staff were friendly and efficient.

1  Thank westy54
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I came to lunch at Esca around 4 years ago and had a wonderful experience. The food was divine! I was expecting the same level of food and was extremely disappointed. My duck ham starter sounded promising with lovely parfait of duck liver but the duck ham was cut so thickly it was inedible. Very very difficult to chew even though the flavour was good. My main was the lamb and I found it had been cut wrongly so even though the lamb was tender enough once you managed to cut a piece it took such an effort to do. The lamb also had a fair bit of fat running through the two small pieces on offer. Eight of us dined there and six of us had the lamb with the same issues. The caramel creme brulee was pleasant but the servings of salted caramel icecream were 3 small balls no bigger than a jaffa chocolate ball - ridiculous. The positive was that everything was beautifully presented but the food did not match the presentation. I was watching the kitchen staff and feel that the head chef must have been away as there was a very relaxed attitude and poor quality of good.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Dined here in the evening at the first sitting with my wife and 3year old and we were seated on the balcony. I was impressed with level of service and quality and availability of the kids menu. Food was good and tasty. I had the lamb which was cooked perfectly. The highlight of the meal was the desert tasting plate.