“Best restaurant I have ever been to”
Review of Muse Restaurant

Muse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Muse has become renowned for not only its food but also for its professional and friendly service. Offering a season driven Contemporary Australian menu, the food is fresh and exciting without overcomplicating the ingredients. Using quality produce, sourcing locally whenever possible, the dishes show technique, restraint and respect.
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that my boyfriend and I have eaten at some of the top rated restaurants in the world.

The food at this restaurant is on par or better than all of them.

We were in the Hunter to celebrate our anniversary and I was worried because at that time I had very strict and difficult dietary requirements due to a food intolerance treatment (for medical reasons). When I rang to book I told them I would give them a list of foods I could eat when I arrived, and specified the broad parameters. On arrival, the waiter immediately asked for my list, which I have him. Once I had chosen my food, the chef then proceeded to design a meal for me, basically from scratch, that I was able to eat. I had a sage based rabbit risotto and it was mind blowingly good. Desert was equally special. Service was impeccable and even though I was probably the most demanding customer ever, they didn't once make it seem difficult.

If you are in the Hunter Valley do not miss this beautiful, atmospheric, and top notch restaurant.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The service was absolutely professional, the wait staff were deeply knowledgable about the cuisine. The food for the tasting menu came out at what seemed to be exactly timed intervals. The wasabi infused beetroot and goats cheese cannelloni was my favourite, very original combination. However, both the Berkshire pork and the lamb dishes were just ordinary, not terrible but just average and certainly missed the x-factor to make them stand out.
For a restaurant in this category and price range, I would expect every course to be absolutely special! There is better value elsewhere in the hunter.

1  Thank Jag G
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I called and booked at the last minute on a Sat night. From the moment we got there till we left it was such a fantastic experience. Fine dining, staff were very attentive and food was amazing including unexpected palette cleanser and macaroon & pâté to marshmallow as a dessert. Highly recommend going!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had booked this place for my husband's birthday. It was worth every cent!
From the time we pulled up in the driveway, the place had a presence. We had booked for lunch and were lucky enough to have a window table. It was great to be able to see outside but have the nice sun over us without the wintery wind!
We had a lovely waitress look after us named Crystal who helped us narrow down our options. We ended up choosing a 3 course menu and a french wine.
Everything we ate was divine!!! And dessert tipped us over the edge!!! (couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day!)
The service was fantastic and we compliment the staff on both their knowledge of the food/wine, being able to smile and even banter with us (especially the canny Frenchman waiter that was there).
Definitely going to go back there again!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Lovely restaurant great ambiance and the food was wonderful. Absolutely no complaints. We arrived a bit earlier and spent some time tasting the wines to decide on which wines to have for lunch