“lived up to the expectation”
Review of Muse Restaurant

Muse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Muse has become renowned for not only its food but also for its professional and friendly service. Offering a season driven Contemporary Australian menu, the food is fresh and exciting without overcomplicating the ingredients. Using quality produce, sourcing locally whenever possible, the dishes show technique, restraint and respect.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

the best service of any restaurant in the hunter I have ever been to! I would highly recommend going for dinner while the sun is setting and requesting a window table, it was the best view of the sunset I have had in the hunter.
the food was excellent and rivalled my hunter valley favourite restaurant. I the quail for entree, the quail was the standout to me the flavours went so well together and the risotto was probably the best I have ever had, I could have eaten it for main aswell. the duck ravioli was good and the binnorie goats cheese with it was excellent. the rocky road ressert was to die for, oh so decadent.
we asked to have a reccomended glass of wine served to us and were not dissapointed, the selections were excellent.
all in all a great experience

Thank Philip and Meli... M

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We shared a family lunch here for my husband's birthday. The dining room was light and bright. The menu was interesting and the food of a good standard. The service was OK.

I thought that the wine was rather expensive for what it was, but the rest of our group enjoyed their lunches.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked Muse Saturday the 27th of October for an Anniversary dinner with my partner, it had been highly recommended to me by a number of other hunter valley locals. We were not disappointed.
The service and food were excellent, my partner ordered off the vegetarian menu and it all looked good.
I cannot fault the experience that we had at all.
All of our questions were answered in a very nice way and when my partner asked about wine she was suggested a very reasonably priced Italian wine that suited her tastes perfectly.
I hope that the pork belly and crab entree I had makes it on the menu as it was great. The lamb main was without fault and I really enjoyed the cheeseboard.
I hope this place does not change as I will be back.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Service is outstanding. 5 star attention to detail. Having been several times I can recommend several dishes. I am currently planning a helicopter drop off and pick up as a gift for my husband. Cafe dining by day and the restaurant at night are equally delightful experiences. Suggest the breads with the home made dips or the pâté to start the dining event. Salmon is well presented and desserts a must. Evening dining is a little more special but the cafe has the added opportunity to take in the view and to enjoy the sculptures on the terrace. Browse the cellar door but always remember to book. The popularity of this establishment is well known by the locals and weekend tourists so don't be disappointed if it is fully booked; make a call to ensure that you have a table.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was beaut tucker in a nice winery (Hungerford Hill). In fact we had a wine tasting to decide on a wine for lunch. The Gnocchi was to die for. Definitely deserves a high rating, not number one, but pretty close :-)