“Beautiful view and lovely food”

Amanda's on the Edge
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful view and lovely food”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friend and I dined here one weekday lunch and we had a wonderful time. The wine selection was lovely - shiraz, beautiful. We sat on the verandah overlooking the vineyards - stunning. Service was pleasant and attentive. Food was fantastic - the beef eye fillet was tasty as was the spatchcock. Definitely worth a meal there!

• Visited October 2013

Sydney
“Great Food & View”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Amanda's was recommended to us by my brother and his wife. They bragged about how good the food was so we had to try for ourselves. We made reservations on a Sunday night for dinner and the location and views from the restaurant was so welcoming and beautiful. We got a table right beside the window which was really nice.
The staff members were very polite and their customer service was excellent.

The food itself was very delicious, we had the stuffed mushroom for entrée which was absolutely yummy. For mains we had the crispy skin duck which my husband thought was a tad too dry but the overall flavour was delicious. I got myself the king prawn Linguini which was so refreshing and light. They were quite generous with the prawns too as most prawns dishes I've ordered in the past has been very little. We also got our little one a nugget meal which we also tasted and was very delicious, he liked it lots he ate most of it.
As for dessert we decided to share the crème brulee which came with a serving of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & shortbread biscuits. The crème brulee was a perfect size for one person but my husband didn't each much seeing as I love crème brulee so much!!

I forgot to take pictures of the entrée, dessert and my sons meal. Our overall experience was delightful and we would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in or around Hunter Valley. We will be back again when we visit again.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Expensive, but worth the money”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

It's on the slightly more expensive side, but the food was brilliant and the service was great. We had an early booking so had a time to be out by, however they were more than accommodating in letting us take our wine out to the tables in the garden and finishing them there over looking the vineyards. It has a very homely atmosphere that makes you feel welcome. Try the house Shiraz, it's a great wine for the price!

• Visited September 2013
Greta, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected more for the price”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice place & the scallops were really yummy, cooked to perfection. I ordered an entree for my main & my meal was twice the size of my husbands who ordered the duck. pretty disappointing considering the price. We loved our first visit, but after our second visit we left hungry & I don't think my husband will want to visit again.

• Visited July 2013
Branxton, Hunter Valley
“Delightful Deserts”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Amanda's is set in the vineyards of Pokolbin/Rothbury. The setting provides indoor and outdoor seating, both lovely. Fireplace inside for those cold winter nights.
The food was top class, lots to choose from and very tasty. If you like to experience quality food and fine dining you won't be disappointed here. The desert was to die for. You know how deserts sometimes 'look' spectacular but then often fail to deliver that delightful deliciousness? Amanda's doesn't fail to deliver, so be sure to leave room for desert. Obviously the wine list has good offerings. Inside can be a bit noisy in winter when the room is all closed up but you can forgive this easily with the warm hospitality.

• Visited August 2013