“Expensive, but worth the money”

Amanda's on the Edge
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

It's on the slightly more expensive side, but the food was brilliant and the service was great. We had an early booking so had a time to be out by, however they were more than accommodating in letting us take our wine out to the tables in the garden and finishing them there over looking the vineyards. It has a very homely atmosphere that makes you feel welcome. Try the house Shiraz, it's a great wine for the price!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice place & the scallops were really yummy, cooked to perfection. I ordered an entree for my main & my meal was twice the size of my husbands who ordered the duck. pretty disappointing considering the price. We loved our first visit, but after our second visit we left hungry & I don't think my husband will want to visit again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Amanda's is set in the vineyards of Pokolbin/Rothbury. The setting provides indoor and outdoor seating, both lovely. Fireplace inside for those cold winter nights.
The food was top class, lots to choose from and very tasty. If you like to experience quality food and fine dining you won't be disappointed here. The desert was to die for. You know how deserts sometimes 'look' spectacular but then often fail to deliver that delightful deliciousness? Amanda's doesn't fail to deliver, so be sure to leave room for desert. Obviously the wine list has good offerings. Inside can be a bit noisy in winter when the room is all closed up but you can forgive this easily with the warm hospitality.

1  Thank Kazzamw
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Living relatively close to the Hunter Valley I eat here quite often and am never disappointed. This is my go to restaurant in the area for fantastic unpretentious food in a lovely setting. The food and service are always amazing and consistently good. My dining experience on Friday night was as it always is, wonderful. I had the scallops followed by the duck for main and a gorgeous creme brulee for dessert. The scallops with cauliflower puree were out of this world and melt in your mouth, they tasted so fresh! I could have eaten a whole plate full and the presentation was superb. I highly recommend this dish. My partner had the pork belly for entree followed by the beef eye fillet and waffles for dessert all of which were amazing. Do yourself a favour and have a meal here.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I dine here at least 6 times per year. This is definitely my favourite in the Hunter. The service is always immpecable and thefood to die for. I couldn't recommend Amanda's any higher.