“Nothing positive to say!”

Amanda's on the Edge
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney
“Nothing positive to say!”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Cold, uninviting, decor dated and the place in much need of a coat of paint.
Went there for lunch and as previous reviewers have said no specific lunch menu. We ordered the seafood chowder and prawn pasta, disappointing to say the least. We didn’t even bother to look at the dessert menu and yet we ended up paying $70 for what was a very ordinary lunch. We had been to the Verandah restaurant the previous night – what a different experience, great ambiance, excellent food.

• Visited June 2011

Singapore
“Give yourself a treat and enjoy a great meal at Amanda's!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Amanda's was highly recommended at almost every wine tasting venue so we were curious. Locating it may be tricky at night so I did a recce in the afternoon. The lamb rack and crispy duck were delicious. A must try is the crispy pork belly which was out of this world! Oh, and the sticky date pudding was wonderful. Service was friendly and efficient. Only negative was the smell of stale urine wafting from the restroom, each time someone opened the door.

Gosford, Australia
“Fantastic and Friendly”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

A friend and I were in the Hunter for a quick get away and chose Amanda's for dinner after much scrutiny of our entertainment book, and what an excellent choice. For a Friday night it wasn't too busy when we arrived, and we were seated close to the fire. It sure picked up later on, but never got over crowded or noisy. Our waitress was attentive, friendly and personal, chatting to us about our wine selection and if we were enjoying our trip. And when the food came out.... amazing. I had the scallops which were in such an amazing sauce I almost licked my plate. The spatchcock I ordered for my main just melted in my mouth, and my friend's duck was tender and flavourful. All the food was modern and fancy without being pretentious. Unfortunately we just couldn't fit in dessert! Even though we saved considerably by using the entertainment book I don't think it was overpriced. I would have happily paid full price for such an amazing meal. I would definately visit again.

• Visited July 2010
canberra
“it's ok”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Went for lunch to Amanda's with our two children. They had a good kids menu and had colouring in for them to do, which was great and made us feel very at ease. The location was lovely, and it was quite a pleasant atmosphere. Service was quite slow, staff were not overly friendly, but they were ok. Food was ok as well, nothing to rave about, doesn't taste as good as it sounds on the menu, which is a shame. Felt really ripped off by the $2.50 each for the bread rolls, considering it was never mentioned that they were not complementary and given the oil and butter etc, was on the table already it gave the impression of being complementary. So that was just disappointing, we would happily have saved $10 and not spent it on 4 little pieces of bread roll. All up I would say an interesting menu, an average meal, average service and all at a relatitvely high price.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank crstdb
Singleton, Australia
“Extremely over-rated.”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We had heard good things about Amanda's, but were extremely disappointed with our experience. We arrived for lunch without a booking and as such we were treated second-rate. The host was not particularly friendly however we did receive good service from another young waitress. The menu was very limited, and there was no lunch menu. Extremely over-priced for the quality of the food. I ordered the curry and the waitress informed me that it was pre-cooked - not even fresh! The flavours were bland and ordinary. I have had better from my local $10 a meal Indian. Presentation was okay. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very unappealing. Very dated, cramped, noisy and dark. We were seated in the walkway of the restaurant which probably did not help in this regard. Overall, the experience would have been okay if we were paying $10-15 a meal, but not $40+. Very disappointing.

• Visited April 2011