“Another fabulous meal at botanica”

Restaurant Botanica
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian yet regionally distinctive in style, the menu at Restaurant Botanica is focused on seasonality and freshness, perfectly complemented by an award-winning wine list and stunning views looking out across our private vineyard to the Brokenback Mountain Range. The restaurant's very own kitchen garden is the source of many of the herbs and vegetables that add a wholesome and healthy dimension to the dishes.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have visited botanica every time we have come to the hunter (we visit often to see family that live in the area) and with another great meal just enjoyed I can't even wait to leave the restaurant to write another review!

We arrived early for dinner, early enough to have a chat to the chef whilst he picked last minute produce from his garden- it doesn't get much fresher than that! Loved the food again, wood smoked lamb a standout.

The girls remembered that we had visited not too long ago and spoilt us with a glass of bubbles to start the evening. They are so welcoming and warm.

The other thing I love about botanica is that every time we visit we see the restaurant has added or updated something. This visit we could see a fantastic looking private dining room added and have decided we must find a special occasion to book a group of friends in!

Can't wait to return again and see what else they have added! Thanks for another lovely meal!

1  Thank NumberEighteen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

999 - 1,003 of 1,127 reviews

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Honestly, I can't see what this place has some good reviews unless they had trainees on their first day cooking.
The worst meal we have had in years and this restaurant was to be our highlight.
Feel like I threw $150 just down the drain.
With those prices, who uses Haloumi Cheese that you find in Coles.
What cook can go wrong cooking French fries and bringing the bowl to the table high were cooked and the other burnt and I mean burnt.
Which Chef or cook sends them out and which waitress takes them to the customer.
Appalling service.
Bread was served at every other table but ours, then our entrees arrived and my Calamari whatever it was called was fried probably with the burnt chips.
We noticed that we weren't served the bread and weren't going to ask for it but had no choice.
We asked for it to get rid of the greasy taste from the calamari.
We couldn't wait to get out of there.
Previous night we ate at Muse.
While places like Botanica serve such poor quality, Muse should continue to fire.
First time in ages I have never left a tip and because I always Tip it felt bad not tipping but I just couldn't do it.
I feel so uncomfortable that I parted with my hard worked money.
If every restaurant shut in the Hunter and my only choice was Maccas Cessnock or Botanica, guess what.
If you can't serve decent food Botanica stick to boiled eggs, leave even the Fries to Maccas.
Or put a sign up directing people elsewhere.
To think that I was just about to change to Roberts or one of the others that afternoon.
Big mistake.

SpicersVineyards, Manager at Restaurant Botanica, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Ernie,
We were devastated to read your recent review of our restaurant. As you see from all of our other fabulous reviews, our focus is on amazing customer service, fresh regional cuisine and a beautiful relaxed vineyard setting. I can assure you that the haloumi you received as your complimentary amuse bouche to begin your meal comes from a top end providore in Sydney and definitely not coles. It is such a shame that it was not to your taste as we have had so many wonderful comments on it. I would like to invite you to make contact with our restaurant team so that we may discuss your comments further and invite you back to enjoy our restaurant as so many other reviewers have done.

Kind Regards,
Rhiannon Hurtz
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This establishment on the day we visited was just right. Evening at the vineyard with soft light over the healthy vines was a real mood enhancer. The degustation menu was varied and the staff friendly and competent. The bread was so good we asked for extras even before the food!The wines from a local icon, Lake's Folly were somehow just right also.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

On hearing it was our anniversary, complementary glasses of bubbly appeared, which was so nice. An amuse bouche and delightful sourdough and rolls were also provided. Menu was innovative and my meal perfectly cooked and presented.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I had a weekend at Spicers resort recently and on site is a restaurant called Botanica.

The menu selection was amazing and the quality, presentation and service was top class.

I wish this restaurant was closer to home as we would love to eat there on a regular basis. It is a must do if you are in the area.